Highlighted

Size of dual brush tip does not scale with main tip

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brush A with a tip size of 100 and a dual brush tip size of 140.

If I switch the size of the brush A to 125, the dual brush tip switches automatically to 175, maintaining proportion correctly.

However, if I have another brush B of tip size 125, and change back to brush A, its main tip size will be 125, but its dual brush tip size will remain the original 140, instead of scaling to 175, which gives an incorrect proportion.

One workaround that I tried was to set brush A to be always size 100 when selected, so the dual brush scales correctly when the size of the brush is altered, but that slows down workflow.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Size of dual brush tip does not scale with main tip

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brush A with a tip size of 100 and a dual brush tip size of 140.

If I switch the size of the brush A to 125, the dual brush tip switches automatically to 175, maintaining proportion correctly.

However, if I have another brush B of tip size 125, and change back to brush A, its main tip size will be 125, but its dual brush tip size will remain the original 140, instead of scaling to 175, which gives an incorrect proportion.

One workaround that I tried was to set brush A to be always size 100 when selected, so the dual brush scales correctly when the size of the brush is altered, but that slows down workflow.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this same problem with 2020 and its driving me nuts. Sometimes it works properly, sometimes it just randomly uses the scale of the previous brush i selected. If this is a feature this is insane, because ive used these SAME brushes for a very long time on all other versions of PS and i have not encountered this problem until recently when i installed the newest version of photoshop after reinstalling my windows system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the solution for this one? My brushes after last photoshop update are acting crazy. The dual brush tip is not resizing correctly with the main brush...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 1