Highlighted

Skin Smoothing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot models for fun and got one last weekend that did need some skin smoothing. I work primarily in ACR and then go to PS for any healing brush and cropping.

Anyway, I have been watching a number of videos and tried to create actions but none worked. I then looked at Brushes but could not get them installed.

So my questions is: for basic skin smoothing should I use actions or brushes and what is a GOOD resource where I can learn? I don't mind paying after trying out the free stuff.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Skin Smoothing

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot models for fun and got one last weekend that did need some skin smoothing. I work primarily in ACR and then go to PS for any healing brush and cropping.

Anyway, I have been watching a number of videos and tried to create actions but none worked. I then looked at Brushes but could not get them installed.

So my questions is: for basic skin smoothing should I use actions or brushes and what is a GOOD resource where I can learn? I don't mind paying after trying out the free stuff.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

There are many tutorials available for smoothing out skin. One of the most sought after right now is called "Frequency Separation" and if you google it, I am sure you will find multiple options. It is a different way of doing smoothing but it gets really good results.

As far as actions vs. brushes--I don't think that an action is going to get you where you need to go. It really all depends on the type of work you want to do. Because that varies with every skin type or person, your best bet is to become proficent with the brush options, such as the Healing Brush, the Stamp Clone tool, etc. If you are a newbie, then learn the basic tools first, and then if you want to move on to more advanced techniques, try the Frequency Separation technique.

Here is some more information regarding the Healing Brush tools: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/healing-examples.html

Let us know if you have any questions!

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR, I would suggest using the Adjustment Brush with a negative Clarity value.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use High Pass filter and Gausian Blur.  See this video for details.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1