• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Replacement - boat mast stops replacement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo on a boat but the mast of the boat effectivly divides the photo and the sky replacement stops at that point.

I try using the brush to manually replace but "not working" for me.

Any help on how to do this will be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using healing bush tool, or clone stamp. Set the hardness of the brush to about 50 %, except when your close to a significant color/tone change, to avoid edge blur, change the brush hardness close to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Sky replacement may not create a perfect mask every time things like mast or a beam may through Adobe AI a curve ball.  Don't worry too much over that.  You will be ably to work on Adobe mask after you commit to a sky replacement to add the missed area to Adobe mask.  Here is an example a beam through Adobe's Ai off.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I noticed that.

The issue in my case is that the AI didn't replace and mask all the way across the pic. The mast seemed to force a stop completely. Similar to your example but your sky was still replaced all the way down.

Interesting but, I'm sure it'll get better as time goes by and more pics and scenarios are handled.

ps-sky.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The sky layer content can be moved a different sky layer can be added and the layer mask added to  it.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines