Highlighted

Sky Replacement - could not complete your request because the file was not found

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started facing issues with new sky replacement tool in photoshop.

As soon as I choose any default sky in the menu I get notification "could not complete your request because the file was not found"

I solved the same problem I had. It was to delete all the default folders:

"Click on the cog icon at the top right corner of the sky preset window, select "Append Defalt Skies...". All the default sky preset folders should be appended to the end of your presets list now. You can then delete all your old presets folders. Click on any of default sky preset that is just appended, and see if it works. Then you can add your own sky preset one at a time by clicking the "+" button."
This was a solution I found in the forums. But I deleted all the default skies first, then restarted PS and his the append menu item. The default skies came back. I had to re-load the skies I had added before, but now everything works as advertised.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sky Replacement - could not complete your request because the file was not found

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started facing issues with new sky replacement tool in photoshop.

As soon as I choose any default sky in the menu I get notification "could not complete your request because the file was not found"

"Click on the cog icon at the top right corner of the sky preset window, select "Append Defalt Skies...". All the default sky preset folders should be appended to the end of your presets list now. You can then delete all your old presets folders. Click on any of default sky preset that is just appended, and see if it works. Then you can add your own sky preset one at a time by clicking the "+" button."
This was a solution I found in the forums. But I deleted all the default skies first, then restarted PS and his the append menu item. The default skies came back. I had to re-load the skies I had added before, but now everything works as advertised.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I also can't seem to find the specific Photoshop forum. How do I access it? I go to support, communities, and there's a list of your programs. I click the PS icon. But that's not the forum?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I go to support, communities, and there's a list of your programs. I click the PS icon. But that's not the forum?

Yes, that link points to https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bd-p/photoshop which is this forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. So is this the correct forum for Photoshop? Or is there another? I'm confused.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the correct forum for user-to-user Photoshop support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try following video for your help....regards

https://youtu.be/ognLpUNLDwM

Ali Sajjad
Today we put Photoshop's new Sky Replacement Tool to the test! Learn how to analyze the light and shadows in a scene to find the perfect new sky, and then us...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not help with the issue, this video just helps to understand the concepts of this tool.

The problem is that I cant even use this tool. It seems like photoshop can't find the path to folder with deafult skies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It helped!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0