Sky Replacement files not found problem resolved

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! As had been previously reported in this forum and I confirmed it with Adobe Support today, you can restore the lost sky default set on a Windows platform by using the Run command to open the Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2021 folder and renaming the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder to another name such as old.Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings. Make sure you have exited Photoshop before you do this. Then relaunch Photoshop v22.0.1 (the current version). A new settings folder with the original name is created, but I found I lost any customized settings that I had done. I did not have the thumbnails for any of the files that I had previously worked on in this version, but those are easily restored by just opening up each one at a time. I also lost all my imported sky files. Also, now I have to explicitly delete any sky group with contents from the .psd images that I had previously replaced skies using the sky replacement tool, in order for the Sky Replacement tool to be able to replace that replaced sky with a new one from the replacement set. That means several layers in my .psd images will be deleted associated with the replacement sky. An extra step to replacing a sky from what it originally was, but no big deal. So far, so good.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sky Replacement files not found problem resolved

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! As had been previously reported in this forum and I confirmed it with Adobe Support today, you can restore the lost sky default set on a Windows platform by using the Run command to open the Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2021 folder and renaming the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder to another name such as old.Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings. Make sure you have exited Photoshop before you do this. Then relaunch Photoshop v22.0.1 (the current version). A new settings folder with the original name is created, but I found I lost any customized settings that I had done. I did not have the thumbnails for any of the files that I had previously worked on in this version, but those are easily restored by just opening up each one at a time. I also lost all my imported sky files. Also, now I have to explicitly delete any sky group with contents from the .psd images that I had previously replaced skies using the sky replacement tool, in order for the Sky Replacement tool to be able to replace that replaced sky with a new one from the replacement set. That means several layers in my .psd images will be deleted associated with the replacement sky. An extra step to replacing a sky from what it originally was, but no big deal. So far, so good.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up my own post, when I say I lost all my imported sky files, that just means these imports are not in the Sky Replacement set. I can certainly re-import these and restore the set as I had it before the problem occurred.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0