• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky replacement not showing up

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the edit tab to select sky replacement, it is not showing up. Why is this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Hi @Katy5CEA :

What version of Photoshop are you using? It is only visible in the Edit menu in Photoshop 2021 (v 22).

It will only be available to select if your color mode is RGB.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Katy5CEA :

What version of Photoshop are you using? It is only visible in the Edit menu in Photoshop 2021 (v 22).

It will only be available to select if your color mode is RGB.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have multiple versions installed. Try opening Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app. If it makes a new icon in your Dock or Taskbar, right-click it to add it. The old icon will open the old version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine didn't work either, until I changed my photo mode from CMYK to RGB, then Sky Replacement appeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where and how do I do that? Sorry, I am new with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, That worked for me. I was in CMYK and Sky replacement wouldn't work but after changing to RGB it appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo is already in RGB - but the option is not showing up.  I've used it within the last 3 months, and haven't updated, so where can it suddenly have disappeared to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shabenz4:

If you are using Photoshop 2021 (version 22), the command will always be visible in the Edit menu—no matter what color mode you are in. It will not be available unless you are in RGB mode.

Here is an example of visible but not available—the command is dimmed. Note the words Adobe Photoshop 2021 outlined in orange.

ps.png

If you do not see the command listed, double check your version. The command will not be visible at all in any version prior to Photoshop 2021 (version 22). I suspect several of you are lauching an older version inadventently. Here's how to check—glance at the title bar for current versions, or for all versions:

• Mac: Photoshop > About Photoshop
  • Windows: Help > About Photoshop

If you are in Photoshop 2021 (version 22), and it is still not visible, check Edit > Menus > Application Menus > Edit. Is there an eyeball next to Sky Replacement? If not, click in the box to display the eyeball. An eyeball means the command will be visible. No eyeball means the command will not be visible.

ps2.png

One can one can hide menu commands by disabling the eyeball, but it is unlikely this is the issue. If you had disabled the command, you would remember that you did it. Unless you have a mean co-worker lurking around, I'm going to suspect that most of you are launching the wrong version by accident.

If you disagree, please share a screenshot showing the version, the open Edit menu and the status of the eyeball in Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus dialog box. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only one with access to the program, so no one messed with it.  I rarely update, and haven't in a number of months.  I know I used the sky replacement within the last 2 months.  It does not even show up in the Menu.

I do not have the program pinned or anything.  I right click on images and say open in PS so I have no idea if it would be choosing the wrong one or not.  I don't even know where to find that info, so I am attempting to update now, but CC is not responding.  Just waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click in a folder to open a file, you're allowing your operating system to make the decision about which version it will open in. I would recommend opening the version you want, and then using File > Open.

Now, if that's going to disrupt your workflow and make you super unhappy, either uninstall the older versions or adjust the file association for the .PSD files—and any other formats files—to open up in Photoshop 2021.

I'm happy to give you more information on how to do that if you let me know what operating system you were using.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see there is only one version on my computer so that shouldn't really be an issue.  Anyway, a quick restart and I've got CC running and updating the app now.  Let's see if we get working finally.

Well, it's there now.  Still frustrating.  But good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't even know where to find that info"

You will find the version you are actually opening here:

• Mac: Photoshop menu > About Photoshop
  • Win: Help menu > About Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb.  I have done all you said, have the correct version and still no highlighted sky replacement and the eye is there.  Can you help any further please?

Jennimaree13_0-1610812933802.pngJennimaree13_1-1610813035645.pngJennimaree13_2-1610813068013.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my PS version is 21.2.10 release and the sky replacement doesn't show up. I checked check Edit > Menus > Application Menus > Edit. but also there the sky replacement line doesn't appear. What can be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dido0D4A wrote:

my PS version is 21.2.10 release and the sky replacement doesn't show up.

Hi

Sky replacement is new in v. 22 and is not available in older versions, including v. 21. You need to update to see sky replacement.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane for your swift answer.
How do I do this specific update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer meets the system requirements, you can update using the creative cloud app

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, That worked for me. 

RGB is the working color mode for Photoshop. When you choose other color modes (i.e., CMYK, Grayscale) you will notice that some commands are no longer available. The Sky Replacement command works in RGB mode.

Unavailable commands when not in RGB mode are most obvious in the Filter menu (but happens throughout the application).

RGB Color Mode. All filters are available.

rgb.png

Same image after converting to CMYK. Multiple filters are no longer available. 

cmky.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find it: quit all PS CC, and do not use your existing icon.  Go to task manager and Stop CC.  Then Go online to Creative Cloud Desktop and launch <OPEN> from the button to the right of the PS Icon.  Delete your old icons and make a new one.  This worked for me after one hour of bad online answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue turned out to be that I had a previous file I was working on already open in Photoshop. I had checked everything else, the simple solution was to save my work and restart. The sky replacement then was back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jennimaree13:

From your screen shots, I can see that you do have the correct version, you are in RGB mode and that Sky Replacement is visible in your third screen shot.

However, you have an adjustment layer active—there is no sky to replace on an adjustment layer—and that is why it is not available. Select the SPOTS Layers and try again. 

sky.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb. Very new to PS so thanks for your detailed info. I'll try again 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DBD43DA1-04AF-4BA1-B7EF-2B94BD03C138.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my sky replacement appears but it won't let me open it? Why is it doing this? 

7793388C-AEA6-4AA7-A88D-695B8A1232C0.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Any luck fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines