• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky replacement problem

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original sky that I'd like to replace keeps bleeding through in the new sky. I would love to simply replace the sky without remnants of the old one hanging around. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the old one and delete it from the layer then paste the new one in a layer under the old one layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if it is working with you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar, thanks for the reply. If I select the old sky, delete it, and place the new sky in as a new layer, I have issues blending the horizon to get a realistic look. See attached. There becomes a very distinct line between the new sky and the ocean, whereas when I use the sky replacement tool the horizon is blended much better, but I have the other issues I've mentioned previously.MW2stackfinal.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

Show us what your original image looks like and the new sky. That can help us advise on the best way to insert the new sky.

Also, let us know how you're adding the new sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean, I appreciate your reply. 

I've tried replacing the sky through two methods, the 'sky replacement' tool in photoshop, as well as importing the two different images as layers and selecting, deleting, and layering in the new sky. 

The first method does a better job at blending the horizon between the new sky and the old foreground, but there is bleeding through of the old sky through the new one.

The second method is great for avoiding the bleeding through, but I have trouble blending the new sky into the old foreground to get a realistic look. 

I've attached the image used for the foreground, one with the new sky, one that I've used the sky replacement on with star trails bleeding through in upper right, and one using the layering method.

Thanks very much for your advise!Foregroundresized.JPGMW2skyresized.jpgMW1StackV2resized.jpgMW2stackfinalresized.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jesse5CE3,

Sorry for the delay. 

Both versions of the sky replacement look good to me. I'm sure you're seeing extra details that I'm not. 

If you like the horizon area ffrom the one method and the top bit from the other, you could use both. Have the replacement sky method  and them on top of that layer you could have the sky as its own layer and you could blend the bottom to the layer below through feathering or even using an eraser with a large brush and low hardness to the edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines