Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Replacement tool selection

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am just trying out the Sky Replacement tool, and it seems to work quite well. However, in the image I chose to experiment with, there are some isolated sections of sky that were not selected and replaced. Is there a quick and easy way to add these areas of the image to the selection?
(In my sample image, the bits of sky that can be seen between the steel beams just above the green scissor lift did not get replaced with the new sky image.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Select the areas abd add thet to the layers mask. Perjape Adobe will make improvements in the future.  The tool is quite good now..

Capture.jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the areas abd add thet to the layers mask. Perjape Adobe will make improvements in the future.  The tool is quite good now..

Capture.jpg.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I will give that a try. I like what I've seen so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoy this tool too and think it works great. Is there any place I can download more images to replace the sky? Aurora Borealis and Tyndall effect images would be an awesome addition.. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, Sky Replacement has been removed from my Adobe PhotoShop.  I was using it last night, a system patch or upgrade was installed overnight, and now it's gone.  I use Win 10  and Win 10 has all updates complete.  What can I do?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the Windows version but in the current version for Mac, 22.1.0, Sky Replacement still appears under the Edit menu. I hope it's just temporarily eluding you and hasn't been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the transform tool. control T, and fill the blank areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the sky replacement function provides its results in layers it is easy to modify . . . add/remove areas .... on the masks by painting black/white on these.  Only just tried the tool as PS stopped working with my graphics card and I have had to instal a more powerful one.  Looking like a great addittion and suspect my Skylum will become redundant.  Now investigating how to use my own skies, any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines