Highlighted

Sky Replacement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Sky replacement came out today and it says you can add or import your own skies. I try to do this but it will only accept (*.SKY) files. i cant find any of this type of file anywhere or any way to convert mine to this file type. Can someone help me?  The skies that this feature come with are very limited amount.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sky Replacement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Sky replacement came out today and it says you can add or import your own skies. I try to do this but it will only accept (*.SKY) files. i cant find any of this type of file anywhere or any way to convert mine to this file type. Can someone help me?  The skies that this feature come with are very limited amount.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to add the sky file? You should be able to click on the plus sign, which will open a dialog to select a file. Have all files selected, as the format.

sky-rep.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. But I have hundreds of images of skies I would like to import. Doing it one at a time is not useful, productive, or easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i see....i can get only one at a time but i see what you mean with clicking the + sign....got it thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  I have over 250 skies,  all jpegs that I put in my library.  I can import one at a time, but that's it.

By the way, Luminar 4's sky replacement tool doesn't have this problem, however it has other limitations.

Gerry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the little cog wheel and go to import and it wont let me look for jpegs only .sky

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i see....i can get only one at a time but i see what you mean with clicking the + sign....got it thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the button at the red arrow, then when your skies come up, click on the plus (green arrow).  That will allow you to import jpegs.

2020-10-23_22-43-27.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I think it has to process each sky photo, to select the part of the image to use for the sky. Doing multiple image would be better. You can put in a request at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently you can only select and import a single sky photo in your folder one at a time when clicking the "+" button. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on it to allow users to add new sky presets from multiple sky photos at one time. It should be available in a near future release.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu item "Import Skies..." only allows you to import from an existing .SKY file, which can be created by selecting sky presets and clicking "Export Selected Skies...", or can be shared by other users. To add a new sky preset from your folder, you can select and open a sky photo in your folder one at a time when clicking the "+" button. Selecting multiple sky photos and adding them as new sky preseets are not supported at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on it, and it should be available in a near future release.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it would be great for people who have hundreds of saved skies to the collection to make it easier.

Randy Olynick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it would be great for people who have hundreds of saved skies to add to the collection to make it easier.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant even locat the replace sky option in photoshop. i thought i had most updated version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant locate the replace sky option in photoshop. i thought i had most recent version. help!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of guessing... please check your version. Please tell us exactly what is shown in Help > About. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when you have questions like this, go to YouTube and do a search!  There are literally hundreds of video tutorials on Photoshop with new ones arriving daily.

Gerry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0