Highlighted

Sky Replacement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I used the Sky Replacement tool the marching ants selected all of the sky areas including small patches in "difficult" areas.  Ever since then the marching ants to not appear.  Instead, I select the Sky Replacemet tool from the Edit drop down list and am presented with the sky choices.  As a result, some small patches of sky in "difficult" areas are not selected and the sky is not replaced there.  I have attached an example of the sort of image I am describing.  In this image, the sky areas under the trestle were never selected nor changed.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sky Replacement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I used the Sky Replacement tool the marching ants selected all of the sky areas including small patches in "difficult" areas.  Ever since then the marching ants to not appear.  Instead, I select the Sky Replacemet tool from the Edit drop down list and am presented with the sky choices.  As a result, some small patches of sky in "difficult" areas are not selected and the sky is not replaced there.  I have attached an example of the sort of image I am describing.  In this image, the sky areas under the trestle were never selected nor changed.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my answer.  Shifting the Edge is the solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am incorrect.  Shifting edge does not solve the problem.  Anyone else running into this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you used Select->Sky to select the sky areas at the first time. The sky areas detected by using "Select->Sky" could be slightly different from those detected by using "Edit->Sky Replacement" because these two functions have some difference in terms of their purposes. If you want the missing "difficult" areas to be selected and replaced in Sky Replacement, you could try to adjust "Fade Edge" to allow more new skies to blend through in those areas. Please let us know if you have any question. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the differences you point out, thanks, however the Sky Replacement Tool is still a work in progress.  When I adjust using the "Fade Edge" slider to allow more new skies to blend into the problem areas, the new sky bleeds through areas that were masked, i.e., non-sky areas ruining the whole enterprise.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0