Highlighted

slow eyedropper/alt key bug

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for a while: 

when pressing alt, the eyedropper doesn't trigger and the color doesn't get picked.

I thought there was a problem with my keyboard and tested it with another with the same results.

if you have say a brush selected and try to quickly, repeatedly pressing the alt key with the left alt you'll see that the eyedropper icon appears only half of the time so its quite slow triggering it,

whereas if I use the altgr button its very responsive as you would expect.

can anyone reproduce or provide any workaround? its very annoying when painting on it.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

slow eyedropper/alt key bug

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for a while: 

when pressing alt, the eyedropper doesn't trigger and the color doesn't get picked.

I thought there was a problem with my keyboard and tested it with another with the same results.

if you have say a brush selected and try to quickly, repeatedly pressing the alt key with the left alt you'll see that the eyedropper icon appears only half of the time so its quite slow triggering it,

whereas if I use the altgr button its very responsive as you would expect.

can anyone reproduce or provide any workaround? its very annoying when painting on it.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not seeing any issue on Photoshop CC2018, have you tried resetting the tools

If that doesn't help try resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

If neither of them help please provide more detailed information about your system specs, OS and Photoshop versions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help Ged,

unfortunately it didn't make any difference, I'm on a windows 10 pro, Geforce gtx 1080, intel i9, latest PS version,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.  Any solutions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! It's wrecking my workflow. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try APssistant. No matter it is for older PS version. Just run it with no settings. It just turns off Alt menu shortcuts and clone sampling starts to work properly.

The question is, why Adobe didn't fixed that bug and it still appears to be in PS 2021 but some guy fixed it many years ago in some small simple app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0