Small image/low res copying from indesign to photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently got a 2020 imac with latest version of photoshop and indesign.

Now whenever I copy an image from indesign to photoshop it loads really small.

The canvas measurements are the same size in photshop but if i zoom in the quality of the image is really low compared to indesign.

If I then try and save it as an png of jpeg the file is lower res then what is showing in InDesign.

I was never having this issue on my older mac and older version of PS and ID.

Is there any way to fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Is there any way to fix this?«

To answer that it would be necessary to know what you are trying to describe exactly. 

What do you mean by »an image« for example – an actual pixel image placed in Indesign, some vector elemenst, …? 

What is the receiving file’s resolition? 

Please insert screenshot including the pertinent Panels (and do not attach them). 

insertPhotos.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I do not think I would copy an image from InDesign and then into Photoshop.  To me, that is about as bad as trying to copy an image from PowerPoint or Google Docs and then trying to paste it into Photoshop.  It just does not work out well.  No offense.

What I would recommend doing is saving all your images on a external hard drive and making sure they are dated and named with something relating to the original design.

Or or or or....  this is even better in InDesign.

Go to FILE and then to PACKAGE.  This will save all your images and assets into one Folder.  I almost forgot about this.  This will take everything and save it one spot.  This is really smart if you are working with teams, then you can send the InDesign file along with the Package to the other person.  This even included fonts that you might have uploaded!  I so almost forgot about this feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggest you save as a PDF at high quality from InDesign.

Then open the PDF in Photoshop. You can control the quality directly by choosing a ppi value when you open.

Much better than saving as an image, and I could not imagine copy/paste could produce good results, except by luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines