Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object is change the colour of image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having an issue with a PSD file that I have picked up off a colleague. The colour has shifeted quite a bit, but inside of her PSD is a smart object which when i double click and enter the color is still the same .

I have attached a screen grab to show the comparisson.

I have checked colour profiles and i am at my wits end with a deadline fast approaching 😮 Any Help would be greatly apprecaitedScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 09.18.36.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post screenshots (including Toolbar, Options Bar, Layers Panel, …) of the containing document and the opened Smart Object. 
What are the two image’s Color Spaces? 
What are the Edit > Color Settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thanks you so, so much for getting back to me - here is most of that u requested:

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 10.29.39.png

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 10.29.14.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the two image’s Color Spaces? 

Which image is untagged – the containing document or the Smart Object? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was the main document/containing document - smart object is fine, but i have assigned profiles and now seems to be fine. So a big thanks for your help!

Out of curiousity, because i am picking up someone elses files, does this mean they are photoshop with unspecified colour profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It just means this image did not have its profile embedded. 

Whether the person set imprudent Color Settings is not possible to tell based on the image. 

The Missing Profiles warning might help prevent such situations but generally the probably most important thing is to »Preserve Embedded Profiles« in the Color Settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually caused by working with untagged files, something you should never do.

The "child" smart object needs to have an embedded color profile, and the "parent" PSD needs to have an embedded color profile. They don't need to be the same, but both profiles need to be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may the case as i looked at the document profile in the status bar this showed 

whats the best solution for this?

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 10.29.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no profile, you need to assign one. Which one is anyone's guess - that's the whole problem with untagged files. You just have to try sRGB, Adobe RGB, etc until it looks about right.

With untagged files, the numbers are undefined and can mean anything. The profile defines the numbers as actual colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude! thanks - found the profile and now its looking great!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One combination that might cause something like this is an untagged Smart Object inside an image that has a Color Space other than the Working Space. 

Edit: I see Dag already mentioned that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response! yeah it was the friggin colour profile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines