• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Objects, Lightroom to Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with a workflow. Can someone suggest the proper sequence so that it is non-destructive?

LR (8.4.1) and PS (20.0.9)

- Open a LR .CR2 as a Smart Object in Photoshop.

- Use the Skew tool to readjust...

- Use the Content Aware tool...

- Adjust exposure...

1. What I'm trying to determine is if each of these should be done in an individual layer, so that all adjustments in the end are visible with each other.

2. For a Smart Object, the Skew command (as well as all the other Transform tools) are grayed out.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change a smart object layer's Object transform. You can not change  a Smart object pixels with photoshop tools. You may be able to use content aware tool on empty layers above the smart object layer when there the sample all layer option so it can use the smart object Layers that are the result of the Smart Object Layer's Object transform and Smart filters adder add the the smart object layer.  To work none destructive you must use layers. Once you start using Layers Lightroom is out of the Picture. Lightroom does not support layers.  I do not install Lightroom I'm not organized need no liberty system Bridge and Windows File explorer is all I need.  I do not need more then one RAW conversion interface and now Adobe radically changes ACR interface Thanks a lot Adobe!

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines