• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Objects, more options for the timeline.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there guys, I know this probably applies to a very small audience, but I want to get an idea out there because it would help me personally.

When creating a moving object on a time line, you can make it a smart object. If an object is a smart object, you can click on the little arrow to make it have some preset movement options.

CapturePS.PNGThis

<

<

Now hear me out; I want more movement options. I'm not asking for much, just a couple.

I make my YouTube videos in photoshop (Don't judge me lol its efficient) and having an object be able to do a little more than pan, or zoom, would definitely help a little.

Here's an example in what I mean:

Shake: an option to make the object chosen to shake in place, with a little severity meter to make it more, or less apparent, and maybe a direction option.

scroll: Make text start at one end, and scroll across the screen until the text is gone off the other side.

I absolutely love photoshop, and things like this would make my time in photoshop so much more enjoyable, and honestly would enable more people to try the whole "Making Videos" in photoshop thing.

Thanks for reading!

also, here's my [link removed by moderator] if you wanna check it out.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a video time line  You can animated  the smart object via transform in the time line  Scale, rotate, warp,  move etc.  With a Photoshop 3D Layers there are even more options.

image.png

BallCollage3-400.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use keyframes on the transform property and you can move, rotate, distort and resize the smart object however you choose.

2020-04-18_23-12-59.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop has never been ( and will never be )the ideal software for motion graphics and video,

this is why there is a specialized software like After effects. You'll still feel limited in photoshop for motion , try After effects if you have adobe creative cloud subscription . I highly recommend , your motion skills will be taken to a new level, give it a try, you will never regret it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines