• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart sharpen filter crashes Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to use the Smart Sharpen filter, it shows a blank dialog box, then crashes and shuts down Photoshop.  It doesn't matter if its a smart object or not, PSD or jpeg.  Crashes everytime.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... is there any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently started having this problem and it was driving me insane, couldn't figure it out.  I hate resetting settings as a recommendation, I want to know why something is happening.  Some recommend disabling OpenCL, but why use this expensive software and super expensive computer/GPU but have to disable valuable acceleration for a basic function?

Then I realized what setting I'd changed: try setting your Cache Levels to 2.  I was messing around with raising it because of checking for gradient-banding which can be false when zoomed out (whole can of worms and massive debate of its own).  Long story short, it seems to me Cache Level:2 is the way to go in general, and going higher may be causing this for some.  Hope this helps someone out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines