Smoothing in tool bar versus Smoothing in brush settings

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm curious as to the difference between the smoothing in the tool bar (when the brush tool is selected) versus the smoothing in the brush settings. The delay in the brush stroke is something I can work around, and from my understanding of the material I've researched and read so far, is one of those quirks to Photoshop. I'm running a relatively new maching- 2018 Mac mini with 16 gigs of RAM, working on documents roughly a gig in size, and with just a handful of layers- if that helps in finding the solution.

I just want to get a clarification to what the main difference is between the two; and on another point, if it is possible to reduce the lag with 100% Smoothing. The line quality compliments the way I use my tablet. Thank you in advance. Sorry if the question is obvious, I'm a novice when it comes to these things.

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all depends on your document size if that is big can make lags in the brush process otherwise default setting is good to go...regards

Ali Sajjad

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a huge expert on Photoshop smoothing as I use Lazy Nezumi Pro (which is not available for the Mac) Smoothing in the Brush panel turns it on and off. With it turned off the Options bar settings are greyed out.  So they are mutually inclusive (I think)

image.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines