• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smudge tool in PS starts working OK but soon freezes up. When it does it also freezes all tools

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS, If I select the smudge tool it starts working OK but soon does not smudge.  When the smudge tool becomes inoperative, the action of smudge no longer works and I cannot access any tools including the close key.  Furthermore I cannot access any menu selections.  I've found that the only way I can regan use is to use the task manager to shut down the program then restart it.   This only occures whan the smudge tool is selected.  Any ideas out there???

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, maybe you are using heavy settings for this tool... Please take a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/comments/6j7s41/smudge_tool_freezes_photoshop_for_a_long_time/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines