• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snails Pace with New Adobe CC and Mac Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my iMac computer to MacOs Catalina in October 2020.  I also upgraded my Adobe design programmes to CC, since then I have avoided using my computer due to complete programme failure, the upgrade hasbeen completely detrimental to my creative working life.  

I'm finding Photoshop incredibly slow, as is Lightroom and Illustrator.

It takes a long time to open, then to open a document, to save takes forever, I get a spinning ball a lot!! the process is tedious and paintful and really bad for my mental health considering I am now paying an extra £25 a month for this pain. The file sizes I am working on are very large, but I never had these kinds of problems with the disk versions of adobe, only the new subscription.I am pretty sure it has something to do with the cloud, it seesm to slow everything down!! It is very frustrating as my work is being effected. I was reluctant to upgrade and now I wish I hadn't. What do I do please? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send specs from your Apple menu/About this Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You only have 8 GB total system memory - that is not enough.

Photoshop minimum is 8 GB RAM but your system and other apps use RAM. 

You should upgrade your RAM to at least 16 GB but I would recommend maxing it out. RAM is cheap. Time wasted is not.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines