• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So many issues on Photoshop for Macbook Pro, please help!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies I am a novice to photoshop but I'm under pressure due to work. Photoshop started having these issues then I updated last night but they still remain.

- When I use the erase tool my image disappears as I click, reapears after I let off the click, so I can't see what I am erasing. I tried resetting tool but did not help.

- Liquify isn't working properly with the screen popping up completely black. Not even just the liquify image screen but the buttons too are completely blacked out. I tried unclicking the Use Graphics Processor in Preferences with no avail.

- I haven't tested all tools but the marquee tool too, when I click to pull the marquee lines disappear, they reappear after I let go.

I've never had so many issues, especially all at once. I don't know if I should try uninstalling it from my desktop and reinstalling again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Try resetting your preferences. Just go into Photoshop Preferences and click on the "Reset Preferences on Quit." Sometimes when you update an app you also need to reset your preferences. If it is a big enough update under Adobe they will also give you the ability to install the previous version. When the new versions come out, I actually keep the previous version when I install the latest. The earlier version is usually something I do not need but for the first month or so of Illustrator, I need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. Just go into Photoshop Preferences and click on the "Reset Preferences on Quit." Sometimes when you update an app you also need to reset your preferences. If it is a big enough update under Adobe they will also give you the ability to install the previous version. When the new versions come out, I actually keep the previous version when I install the latest. The earlier version is usually something I do not need but for the first month or so of Illustrator, I needed to rely on Illustrator 2018 for some tools, but soon it was fixed. If the preferences do not fix it, let Adobe know about the issue and install another version of Photoshop using the Creative Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you Katie! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Did resetting your preferences resolve the issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek is correct. I am running on a MacBook Pro 2019 in Catalina but have:

Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

This system has no issue with Adobe but it is designed to work with Video Compositing so it looks a little topped out for some of the Creative Cloud specs. But if you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html to see if your system is up to the minimum requirement of Adobe. My Windows System no longer works with the latest version of Premiere since my video card is out-of-date but no new PC this year since I just replaced my Mac.  (The PC can now only run the earlier version of Premiere) Hardware, hard drive space and operating-system will part of the equation of how well your applications function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spoke to soon, liquify is still oddly blacked out but the rest are working right.

Any other help would be appreciated, thank you again so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting my preferences and it worked! Thank you so much for your help, I would've been in big trouble without it!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines