• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So the tale of woe continues on the advice of Adobe i uninstalled my mast collection

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And guess what yes it wont re install gets to disc two and then wont auto run HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Good Luck you may find it hard to get someone to help their human and will state CS3 is no longer supported.

However Adobe customer support is responsible to help with installation problems.   It a new download and not installing on you machine.    Before you call Download and run Adobe Cleaner if you have not done that then try installing again.  It when through the steps the last time you tried.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You haven't provided any detailed information, what exactly do you mean by "mast collection"

Please take a look here

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

Especially this bit "Tips for effective posting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO Master Collection of the adobie cs3 suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it gets to Disk 2 and then will not autorun is there a dialog box present saying it needs a particular file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it now gets to disc three then asks for disc 4 and reports 52 errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are you trying to install on? What version of the CS Master Collection are you installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing on windows 10 cs version 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You already posted your issue here

CS3 Photo shop license stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but we have progressed beyond the license in that i have uninstalled and now it wont reinstall so its no l onger an issue of the license its and install issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds as if your installation media is either corrupt or possibly just needs to be cleaned with a damp cloth, but I have a horrible feeling that even if you get it installed it will not activate because the server has been shut down. Do you know about this? If not take a look at this web page

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Adobe has made fresh versions of all it's CS3 applications so they do not need activation. To be honest I've never had the CS3 Master Suite but the procedure for the individual apps is to download the 'new' no activation version and use a newly issued serial number. You get the new serial from the page linked above by entering in your existing serial and then a download link to the app is providing-I can't test this as I don't have a serial but it's possible you will be able to download CS3 MS as a complete suite! I'm fairly sure Master Suites used just one serial rather than separate ones for each application and a MS serial doesn't work with a stand alone app so it would make sense for Adobe to provide a separate installer for the Master Suite, but you'll only find out by trying the link above.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to try just replacement installation media. These are trials but can be made full with a serial

https://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

It's a 3GB download but as I said above probably will not activate. So try the above first.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also when you try to install make sure you use 'Run as Admin' If you have a problem try running the install in 'Safe Mode'

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get new serial numbers for your CS3 Suite and download new installers that do not require activation......  Adobe took down the CS3 Activation servers here is the link.

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

That will start you here

Obtain a new serial number | CS3, CS4

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI thaks for your help so i got a new serial number downloaded the 3 files and the exact same thing happens. The install completes but only installs the reader. what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Acrobat? That’s typical depending on your collection. Acrobat was always a separate SN and installer CD from the rest of the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i mean acrobat it has never been a separate serial number as it is part of the Master collection which only had one licence number for all in the collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was also on the same cds as the rest and this time i tried from the doanloadable files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you downloaded just the Acrobat install anot the suite install.  I just had Photoshop CS3 and the download provide by Adobe worked for installing just Photoshop CS3.  If the download you did is the only one available to you and it only installs Acrobat you need Adobe Customer support help the get the Suite you had installer the does not require activation.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there were 3 lots of downloads for the suite which I downloaded and ran but ony acrobat installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All three download each install Acrobat only?   Are all three download the same size.  I would think that suit installer would be much larger than the Acrobat installer.   If there are three downloads for you I would expect one woud be an  unpacker and the other two be packaged installers that need to be unpacked and run.  One would install the Acrobat application the other would install the CS3 suite you had.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first i donwloaded acresso_tool so the downloads could download; then downloaded ADBESTAMCS3_ESD1_WWE.7z, ADBESTAMCS3_ESD1_WWE.exe; STAMCS3_Cont_WWE.exe

unzipped them to desktop as insnip. then ran exe found in the master colletion. it asked me which components I wanted to install so i left all selected and ran install. If I had only donwloaded acrobat would it have given me the option to select all the software in the suite?Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only detail I see the you downloaded are names if the download no sizes.

"ADBESTAMCS3_ESD1_WWE.7z"  is a package  it need to be unpacked with something like 7Zip or an extractor Adobe provides perhaps one the the two exe you posted.   It looks like you may have done that part you show two folders

Capture.JPG

Look inside these folders look for something that may be a installer perhaps a setup.exe that may in the folder root.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture2.JPGhi here re the sizes yes i unzipped the zipped file and found the setup exe in the cs master suite folder root as per the instruction from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Control Panel under 'programs and features' are the Adobe CS3 programs listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no because the install failed and only acrobat installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines