• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just noticed that the Photoshop Splash Screen for 2020, which I gather has had worldwide promotion for the iPad launch etc (perhaps)  has drawn it's primary elements from Promo' material shot in London of Funki Porcini /Team Alcohol on Ninjatune UK for DVD/Album release "Fast Asleep" 2002 (that's me on the right). I shot the jellyfish at the London Aquariam and we included them in the window, 'cos we were cool.

Never made a dime.

The "artist" is one Vanessa Rivera who writes "This project was created in collaboration with Adobe and the Photoshop on the iPad launch for 2020. The image was inspired and created in Vienna, Austria and is now the new Photoshop splash screen cover for 2020"

What do you'all think? I'm broke and pissed off and never had a break. Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 14.48.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very similar. Hard to say if it was an outright copy or just a cool idea that others have came up with. I did a very bizarre image decades ago of a portrait where I switched the mouth and eyes around. I later came across someone who created the exact configuration of facial components, down to the expressions. Seemed like they copied me, but I doubt that they could have ever seen my image. Of course, since yours was an ablum cover, it had more change of being noticed and copied, or at least the artist might have seen it and not realized that they were copying it, as so much time had passed and the image might have been relagated to the subliminal part of their memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Chuck; good points. Fantastic that even the upholstery is the same colour! Your experience must have left you head scratching...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did leave me scratching my head. There were a lot of elements that were very different but the image had the exact placement of the facial elements, down to the mouth on the left being open and the one on the right being closed.

The upholstry in your image, again, is a strange coincidence, but with all that blue, it does make an nice offset for a pop of color.

self-port.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cover.jpegHmm, I hope Vanessa Rivera has made a lot of money from her colour offset choice and plant placement! Is that your image or the erstaz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery" Colton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Knaff little Teddy Bears don't pay the rent" Jeff Koons.

"Make it your own!" Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines