• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOFn, DQT, or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker. what fix for hundreds of photos ?

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6 extended.

Could not complete your request because a SOFn, DQT, or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker.

My phone photos opened into Pshop CS6 extended doesnt do this, my cousins phone ditto and they are via whatsapp, then I am sent others by other MB users and I get this error.

yes they open in MSpaint, but I have hundreds.

Also If I save in paint the photo modified date will be wrong, so they will be displayed in windows and I have modified date I always use, so will be out of sequence then. If I have to display photos using a date created column just because adobe cant open what simple progs can,  thats going to massively mess with my brain and workflow as everything will be out of order for all the work I do. I certainly cannot let Adobe wreck my workflow. I buy the best so as not to messed about.

why is it that CS6 is incapable of opening .jpgs  files when many simple progs manage it ?

what is the fix to hundreds of jpgs with this error , keeping the date taken intact and not altering the date modified date ?

Needs an update to solve it, is there one for CS6. I am not going to CC and costing me money I dont have to solve it.

anything else that will batch process ?

How do I know which ones are faulty in a thousand images just dl from my phone ?

needs a prog to analyse, pick out the wonky ones, fix them etc.

NIGHTMARE , thank you Adobe.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeking help on the same except dont have a 'bulk' processing need.

Anyone with answers to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To elaborate, my problem is with photos I received on my phone (Android) also received from an Android phone. I can open the photos on my Mac in Preview but cannot open with Pshop to Edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with photo made with my smartphone. I am using PS Elements 11

I have no problems with PS Express application on my phone when I try to modify the same picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines