• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software in the Visual Arts

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a class where i have to edit a photo and its due pretty soon but the tutorial she sent us to follow is telling me to double click the mask so i can copy and paste to another mask but its not working.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not make any sense to me. double clicking a mask does not do anything special. A single click will target a layer mask. Adding more clicks does not change that or do anything special.  A ctrl+click on a mask will load it as a selection.  Its a load selection.  Alt+Click will Display the mask in the Image window rather than displaying the current composite so you can work on the mask. Shift+Click will disable or enable the layer mask its a toggle. An Alt+Shift+Click will target the layer mask and add a mask overlay  on the image display to can edit with Black and white paint brush with the mask overlay.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do as double-clicking the layer mask doesn't do much?

To copy and paste anything in Photoshop you need to select it first

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these definitely instructions for Adobe Photoshop (and not other apps, Photoshop Elements, or something else)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines