• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solarize Filter

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the Solarize filter quite a bit in the past.  In the past, this filter was involked with several parameters, so I could control the degree of solarization of an image.  However, now, it appears that there is only one setting.  You either solarize or you don't.

Does anyone know the story here?  Is there any way for me to control the degree of solarization effect?  Why take away control?  Can those controls be restored somehow?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember the filter ever having controls.

You can though create a controlable solarised effect by either:

a. Using a curve

2021-01-03_20-37-16.jpg

or

b. Using an invert adjsutment layer and changing the blend mode and opacity

2021-01-03_20-39-14.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave:

Yes, the filter used to have intensity settings/sliders. There was a time when I used it a lot. I went to apply it recently and was really surprised to see it was an on/off type of filter.

I never would have thought about the solution you suggest. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it in PS 2015 and there are no controls there — you never see a dialog box. It also does not respond to Foreground and Background colors.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines