• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution for glitchy Photoshop performance

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been having increasing problems with Photoshop CC (Windows) acting in strange, erratic ways. It would work fine when I first loaded the app, but after about 15–20 minutes it would start misbehaving. For instance, if I tried to draw a marquee selection, rather than the area I drew, it would create a huge selection that would extend off the canvas.  Or if I tried to drag the canvas with the grabber tool, it would snap all the way to the left. Or if I tried to paint, just touching the cursor to the canvas would make it paint a wild, zig-zag across the canvas. After numerous sessions with Customer Care, involving deleting all my preferences and other suggested remedies that didn't work, I finally spoke with a rep who nailed the problem. It seems that when I updated from Photoshop 2018 to 2019 and finally to 2020, it left all the old files in my app data folder, including all the preference files.  These old prefs were interferring with the new prefs. When he deleted the 2019 prefs, the problem immediately cleared up. It turns out I don't need the stuff in the '18 and '19 folders at all.  I am sharing this in case anyone else is having similar problems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience and your solution to this problem with the whole community 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this - it has also now solved my glitchy Photoshop issues and it's much faster now too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines