• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some problems with Photoshop 21.2.2...

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. I just updated my version to 20.2.2 and embarrased with new problems. With older version I had no problem. (I have been working with photoshop everyday for 15 years)

I have to outline objects: I usually use pen, register my outline selection, invert the selection to remove the background off.

1 - Invertion does not work with Ctrl+i+click. I must use the menu

2- If  I want to duplicate the selection (obeject alone) in a new file, the selection doesnot work and the whole picture is duplicated. So I tried with a simple shape, circle for example. When I select my round selection and copy on a new layer ou file, a square of the pciture is copied..

I am very busy at work, but cannot do anything with this new version. If someone could help me or has an idea of what to do ... it is stressing. I am using a Windows PC. Thank you very much.  Valerie

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello surfix

sorry to hear you're having a bad day...

For me your post is a bit confusing,  Is it 20.2.2 or 21.2.2 you've updated to? When you say Ctrl+i+click, Do you mean invert selection? (Ctrl+shift+i, but no click) Can you not copy by selecting the object, hit ctrl+C, alt+tab, ctrl+V ?

Given the amount of work you have, it might help you to take a quick break to refresh and come back to the problem in 20m...

We're all only human after all right?

Screenshots showing where you are having problems might help the community here help you out better than we can now...

Meanwhile, all the best & hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also an a bit lost with what you wrote.   I know Ctrl+I is a short to invert things in Photoshop and that seems to work well.  I  have never seen any reference to a (Ctrt+I+Click) shortcut so  I do  not understand what that should do but is not doing for you. However, you did state you are using a Pen.  Adobe broke Photoshop Pen WinTab Support in the 21.1 Update.  If you have Photoshop and you Tablet configured to use WinTab Application Interface you need to switch to using Windows INK application.  There also seem to be issues using  Photoshop Windows INK support but it functions better then Photoshop WinTab support.  With Photoshop 21.2.2 I can not get Pen Pressure to work in Photoshop configured to use WinTab Application Interface.   Photoshop Pen support has issues. 

Your best option now may be to re-install Photoshop 21.0.3 or use CC 2019 not PS 2020.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines