Some Texts are missing when saving PSD to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have some serious issue when saving as PDF, my work contain text, so when I export it as PDF, some of the text is missing.

and the PSD file saved as a pdf as a "High Quality Pring", Standard set to "None", Compatibility set to "Acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4)"

"Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities", Checked.
"Optimized for Fast Web Preview", Checked

Screenshot :
2017-03-28_2-30-42.png
Information about my work:

- Image size: A4 - 21x29.7 cm

- Image Resolution set to 300

- Arabic Text

- Font : Tahoma

- Font size set to 50px

- 1 layer per paragraph

- Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 14393.969

- Photoshop 2017.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hndhmn,

I'm not sure what the issue is but a workaround that I think may work is to convert the text layer to a Vector shape. Just right-click on the text layer and select Convert to Shape. See if that works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JRfromPTC,

Thanks for the reply, this way of converting the text layer to a vector shape works really well, But in this way, it will make the text not select-able in the PDF file, I really need it to be selectable.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting text layer to a shape worked for me! thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of such incidents I read about on this forum but haven't seen a genuine solution…

PDF missing text

Missing layers when saving PDF

Try the basic suggestions of updating your Photoshop. Have you analysed the issue as to why these particular sentences or words gone missing? Are they interacting with any transparent object or did you apply any effect to them, or they're simply similar to the other text on their side?

One other thing, did you try another Arabic font that comes from a reputable developer, just try it on a single page and save it to Photoshop PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best method for finding transparent objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I had this problem just few hours ago and it was really frustrating to find a solution really.

I found that when the pdf file is opened in softwares other than of Photoshop, there will always be a few texts missing. But when i view the same pdf file in PS, it is just like the original PSD file.

I also noticed that the only few words that were missing from mine is those which ends with symbols (ie. commas, brackets)

Since typing texts that ends with symbols is a hassle, we end up typing the symbols which are supposed to be at the end of the text first (idk if you do this but i do)

Once I remove the symbols from the text itself, or at least those which are tweaked to be at the end of the sentence, my problem is solved.

Converting the text layer into smart object/vector etc works too but it gets pixelated when the psd file is converted into pdf file. Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wickedicy  wrote

I also noticed that the only few words that were missing from mine is those which ends with symbols (ie. commas, brackets)

Interestingly, original poster highlighted the problem in orange border, all of which are last line of the paragraph, hence ends with a punctuation such as full stop.

Is the PDF engine that is causing this, or Photoshop is not able to pass information in the conversion, or is it a the font that is not stable?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to sure what causes this issue, but I hope adobe can help debug it for future updates.

Also, I found it to occur regardless of font type(ie. otf, ttf - for windows) /family(ie. trebuchet, serif etc).

p/s: just for additional info, softwares i used to view the pdf file were Nitro Pro 11, Google Chrome, & Mendeley.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It solved my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

since only some layers were saving out in the pdf, i selected all the layers and combined them into a single smart object. that makes it so no content is left out when saving out a psd into a pdf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines