• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something For The Weekend - Part 100 - Centenary celebration!

Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is our 100th "Something For The Weekend" challenge and, given all the amazing, funny, and occasionally downright bizarre, ideas that you have put forward in the previous 99 challenges, I thought we should commemorate the occasion.  So I've made you plinth with some small fountains (using Blender 3D and Adobe Substance).

What will you put up there, in keeping with the spirit of SFTW, to celebrate this centenary challenge?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. It also would be great to see all those who have taken part in the previous challenges come and take part in this one.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW100Fountain.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So I've made you plinth with some small fountains... . What will you put up there, in keeping with the spirit of SFTW?"

In keeping with the spirit of SFTW, I'm not following the instructions. Sorry, Dave! 🤣

SFTW100Fountain JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lady Jane is back, right on time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In keeping with the spirit of SFTW, I'm not following the instructions."

Nothing new there then 🙂  Happy image Jane.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought we should commemorate some of the contributors, If you don't see your name it could be round the side or the back 🙂

SFTW100Globe.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have honored us all on this momentous occasion, Dave! This is beautiful! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad my name made it into the globe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW100Fountain-Edit.jpg

Anything is possible on SFTW...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The irony is that Dave does not understand what is supposed to be different about this image, as that is what Sunderland looks like on his way home from the pub on Friday nights.  😉

Being serious, that is not far off what my night vision used to be like before I had both cateracts fixed.  This was due to LASIK surgery which had me looking through scar tissue when my pupils expanded when it got dark.  Things like street lights and reflective road signs would appear as about a dozen separate images, so I was not able to drive at night.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crowds out shopping - that must be a historical image 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! Champs-Élysées, New Year's Eve 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a quick one

100-View-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, now you have given 'me' an idea.  Hmmm... do I have time to do it before SFTW 101

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you have, Trevor.

Dave posted this SFTW 100 just after 9 AM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time, 5 PM Sunderland Summer Time) on Friday, that would be something like 5 AM on Saturday (Aotearoa Summer Time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...SFTW 101  .. it sounds like a training course 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW100Fountainv2.jpg

Tip of the hat to Ussnorway for the idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it took me a min to see what that was in the water... must have been a hot day mate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! He's a photographer who got swept away trying to get a closeup of a fish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that water is deep !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit late but glad to be here for the 100th.

SFTW100FountainFW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celebration time !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the fountains stop when you close the lid?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW100Fountain2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recognise her from SFTW 85. She's decided to look inland on this one though 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 25 Jun 2020, davescm wrote: 
"Last chance on this week's image anyone?  A new challenge will be up tomorrow🙂"
Dave

On 02 Jul 2020, davescm wrote:
"Will this be the last entry this week, or will someone slot in another before the 100th challenge tomorrow?"
Dave

So I got this ready to post, then Dave's "Last Call" never came. 😲 Here it is anyway! Anyone else?

SFTW100Fountain JE 3.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines