• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 103 - Pool party!

Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to all who took part on last weekend's "drifting" challenge. 

This week I bring you a swimming pool. I modelled and rendered the scene in Blender 3D,  and textured it in Adobe Substance Painter. However, it looks far too quiet for a pool party. Can you liven it up ?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. It also would be great to see all those who have taken part in the previous challenges come and take part in this one.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW103Pool.jpg

For those that like to get a sense of scale, the pool measures 12 m x 8 m and is 1m deep at the shallow (far) end and 2m at the deep end. The "camera" lens used in rendering is 26mm focal length.

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave ! 🙂

Dean, I glanced through SFTW Part 64 to see if you had posted (you did) and came across this comment from March 2019 that made me do a double-take. I loved the fountain, though — it was perfect!

25.png

Here's the link for anyone who wants to look:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-64-pulp-fiction/td-p/1043729...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

103-rendor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will she fall in or won't she.......?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW103PoolPainting.jpg
Slight tweak to the painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job with the perspective Dean and I do like the painted look on the canvas.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some nice ideas this week Dave

Sync Swimming.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This brings back memories, Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Trevor, I hope they managed to get out OK before your next image though 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this meaning to have Donald Trump diving into an empty pool, and I am not sure why I chickened out — except perhaps it's kind of late here.  Maybe tomorrow. 😉

Splash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - One BIG splash coming up !! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Belly Flop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week103_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like something Filter Forge might do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Plugin called Flexify by Flaming Pear.  I was playing with it just to try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Flexify.  I have never used it, but I know of it.  I use a few Flaming Pear plugins.  Lunarcell, Solarcell and Glitterato from the Space Bundle, and Flood 2.  Like a lot of those old plugins, the UIs are hopelessly dated, and the results can be too unpredictable.  Flood is still valid I think, and I have used it on one or two SFTW uploads.  Filter Forge is good if you can find what you want from its zillion options, but Eye Candy 7 is absolutely my favourite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I downloaded it a while ago whenI noticed that it had been added to the Freebies. It has a bewildering multitude of setting combinations, some quite surprising and fun to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like something I would print, cut out and see how it fits together 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swimming through time and across a century...

SFTW103Pool JE 2.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice shadow Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Trevor 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a-POOL-PARTY.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely party time Leslie 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had swimming and diving already, so

Pool ski.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that image is certainly a throw back in History!!!

Cypress Gardens. Located in central Florida. (I live in Florida)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypress_Gardens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines