Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 104 - Unusual vegetables

Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, the title does not refer to our politicians but to these two carrots that I pulled out of the same bag this week. When I saw them I wondered what would they could become in a SFTW challenge. So what will you make from them?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. It also would be great to see all those who have taken part in the previous challenges come and take part in this one.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 2301 x 2000 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser). I have done the initial masking for you.

SFTW104Carrots.png

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny Jacob, and I love the simplicity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for kicking things off Jacob. A carrot party animal 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week104.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the right answer, Rita?

"Sorry, we will be good. Please let us live in peace on the Earth and in the Earth."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kill all humans!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice Rista, both the idea and the resulting image.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW104CarrotsDance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's clever Dean, and strangely elegant.  There has to be a carrot/ballet dancer pun that would work for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it has a nice balance to it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor and Dave. 

Glad you could tell it is ballet. Is my guess at what a pose may be. My knowledge is very limited 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is my guess at what a pose may be."

The feet are next to each other, so it can only be first position.

https://www.pbt.org/learn-and-engage/resources-audience-members/ballet-101/basic-ballet-positions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Lady Lib going vegetarian?

Aviles_190903_046-Edit.jpg

(My Statue of Libery photo.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember climbing up to her knees when I was 5 or 6 years old. Nice photo, Rafael, and I like her new crown!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the kind words, Jane. I took the photo last year when friends from Mexico visited and I took them to see the sights. After living for 40+ years in the Philadelphia area, this was my first visit to the Statue of Liberty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clever idea, nicely done Rafael.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the orange colour that reminded me....

SFTW104CarrotTrump.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROTFL!  We'll have to see how this one pans out, but IME SFTW uploads with a Donald Trump angle don't tend to get as many likes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do it Trevor. Those carrots looked like fingers, after that it was just a matter of chopping and positioning them. The tie was an afterthought 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“We'll have to see how this one pans out”

“It's the greatest! It's the best! You've never seen an image like this one. Just ask anyone. Everyone agrees!”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carana virus. Only effects fruit and veg.

Money.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shocked looked works well, as done the lockdown hairstyle 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we both thought 'hands when we saw that carrot.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines