Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 109 - Beach Huts

Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On a morning walk this week, I passed these colourful beach huts at Saltburn-by the Sea. However, they were deserted so early in the day. Can you bring the scene to life?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 6720 x 4366 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW109BeachHut.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those dune creatures look a bit ominous Jacob 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Dave, the dain of the dunes look a bit dain, much like the other dain from the West (Dúne).

But then they are anxiously watching their hut, lest someone be snatching it, like you and Jessica (but not I or Rachel or the selkie or the pinkies).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hut secured (still combining 59 (still sparing you the ducks in the boat), 86, and 109, and hint: this is not Treebeard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fancy that!Beach1b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be fun watching her trying to get into the hut 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one, Derek! 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that made me spill my coffee laughing, cheers Derek ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW109BeachHutAviles2.jpg

Which one is our hut, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink one obviously 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Thunderbird is that Rafael?  If I had to guess, I'd say Lady Penelopy and Parker' grand children.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Which Thunderbird is that"

The one from Mattel, of course! Ken and Barbie must have brought their American car with them on vacation to the U.K., as he seems to be the driver, sitting properly on the left side.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, your guess is as good as mine. All I can say is that I remember playing "Barbies" with my daughter many years ago, and she loved that car. More often, though, she (Barbie) would be the driver and I (Ken) would have to do everything she said. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a good dad, Rafael!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly, Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that the roll bar is set just right to make sure they both lose their heads 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week109.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mysterious mermaid Rista - I like it 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week109_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hurts my eyes a little but nice maze 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW109BeachHutGlow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, that has a Topaz Glow or Simplify look about it.  Or maybe Fractulous turned up to a Spinal Tap eleven.  I had to give it a go, so this is Topaz Glow Something Neon preset, and another Glow preset for Dave in the deck chair.  I was going to leave Dave as Dave, but this treatment made me laugh so I am going with it.  🙂

Beach Huts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Trevor. I did have a neon idea at first and just played around with effects to see what it could become. Yours does have a strong glow. I also found it challenging to make it look good small as well as fill size, as small details get lost.

Here is another version.

SFTW109BeachHutGlow2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what I've been smoking to see that image, but it can't be good for you 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines