• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 119 - Cross that bridge when you get to it !

Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks to all who took part in last week's hammer challenge. This week we have a bridge over a ravine made using World Creator, Blender, Adobe Substance and Xfrog. What will you make with it, who will cross it?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW119CanyonBridge.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramp or bridge, Dean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks a much sturdier arrangement Dean. The health and safety people must have visited 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge-ranp Jacob 🙂

Is pretty sturdy Dave. Coming across darker now that I look at it again. Still gives a way to the other side - though not sure where people would go once the reach there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW 119_Bridge cross_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that K. It's full of atmosphere 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks.

Fun excuse to fire up Photoshop and then simple play with on this Sunday morning.

Dave you did the hard part!!!!

Your talents and knowledge as always are totally amazing. 😃

Love seeing everyone's entries.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Dave - very impressive lighting. Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Kathryn, it is enchanting, like an old painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here we are currently facing an enormous challenge, because Tamis grandpa worked as an engineer to build bridges, she remembered. What may be starting to change since the invention of the bow and arrow technology it was possible to replace these daredevil bridge constructions with modern cableways. More than logical that various circus people used gramps works for their stunts.

SFTW119CanyonBridge02SeilAkr02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'll stick to travelling in the cable car Hans 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans, a conspicuous impossible object, maybe the first definite one in SFTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, Deine Bemerkung klingt philosophisch und sehr bedeutsam. Ich würde gerne genauer einsteigen, deshalb bitte ich Dich um eine Erläuterung in einfachster Sprache.

Thanks Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans, you can see the concept here and here,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_object

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unm%C3%B6gliche_Figur

Your cable walker could be included in those articles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click or RightClick to get closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've given the game away Jacob - it's just a model !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever do you mean, Dave? Have you never heard of the lovely sister of the troll under the bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swing Bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A most intriguing and subtle space time paradox, Trevor. The shading takes me through films, going almost a century back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Doug Danger can break Evel Kneivel's record, I have no doubts that the Dave Head will be break Danger's record and become the new champion of the motorcycle world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k6JAzSjIHQ

Fun fact: Harley is making an e-bicycle that will go on sale in March 2021. It's beautiful.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun fact: Harley is making an e-bicycle that will go on sale in March 2021. It's beautiful.

Yes, but the outlaw bike gangs won't have the same impact riding into town on those 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, Dave, we don't get outlaw bike gangs riding into our Capital city — only Rolling Thunder with hundreds of thousands of vets from all over the country roaring in on their Harleys on Memorial Day. It's something to behold. But yes, I expect they would scoff at the beautiful Harley bicycles!

F2C3CE62-BB5A-4644-8E8C-14FE7C078018.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Trevor! Looking at that ramp I appear to be aiming to land at the top of the cliffs which looks infinitely preferable to splattering into the side 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  My innitial plan was to animate Dave Kenevil slide in from the side of the screen with the I don' need no stinkin' bridge speach bubble, then slide him off screen and have a bike come in from the bottom right corner, and disappear across the ravine and hit the other side with a big SPLAT.  But after trying for ages I couldn't find an angle of Evil that would work, and there were going to be problems with changing perspective anyway.  Remember when we did the first forum banner challenge and we were messing about with different ideas including GIFs?  That was a lucky accident, but it worked out really nicely.  You construct the layers with Step & Repeat, and as the graphic gets smaller with each step it appears to slow down, thus giving a great dissapearing into the distance effect..   I can't remember if the arc was achieved by adding a _tiny_ angle to the Step & Repeat, or by warping the group containing the layers, but I definitely FT'd the group to fine tune positioning and start and finish points.  So quick and easy to do if you have the image elements.   

955275_Animated-forum-banner.gif I'm still going to be full on busy for the next couple of weeks, but I love these threads and will domy best to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines