• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 121 - A place in the sun!

Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who took part in last week's playing card challenge. This week, as the weather gets colder here in the North, I thought we might go somewhere warm, very warm! So here we have a sandy desert, what will you make with it?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3840 x 2160 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW121Desert.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s seems Dave’s sand dunes have moved to Florida.

Moderate/warm temperature most times.

K

SFTW 121 - A place in the sun_web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They fit rather well don't they, with the bonus that it is easier to get a drink 🙂 Nice job blending them together K

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A boxed version of the palm spring(s), Kathryn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW121Desert2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, that will be the Nile river just behind that line of trees I'm thinking, and that grassy bank on the left will be an ittigation ditch.  If Dave had allowed us to use more pixels, we'd have been able to see the donkey on a stick pumping water out of the river and into the ditch.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about what the shadow areas were - maybe remnants of a dust storm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shadows must be where the dragged the stone away for the pyramids

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, Click/RightClick to get closer, if you wish to; to see it in Chrome, Click Here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the spice must flow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scary worms !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob - you may need to add to you 'As Always' message to include 'Don't use Chrome to view my image'. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the alert, Dean. Is there no way to follow (such) a link with Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no link when using Chrome when you put it on your own website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, are you saying that there is none of these options when RightClicking in Chrome?

Open Link in New (whatever) or View Image for direct access, or Copy Link Location or Copy Image Location for indirect access.

And if that is the case, is that a general Chrome non feature set, or limited to me/mine (I know that the inserted images are treated as just another part of the page)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob - In Chrome, the image doesn't show and there is nothing to click. You could create a hyperlink like:
For Chrome viewers, click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I finally (believe I) understand it now, Dean, with Chrome you are just looking at an empty post, with or without the Click/RightClick text. I guess you have had to find it in the Page Source.

That is far worse than I thought. I hope the addition above is meaningful.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than providing links to click which, quite rightly, many will not do, why not just use the forum image widget to embed the picture in the post and make it easy for all viewers?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I am trying to find out more about the issues at hand, and I will send a PM shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Rayek,

I would not want to drink at the oasis with that nearby !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we see an oasis or is it another mirage?

“Dan can't you see that big green tree where the waters runnin' free

And it's waiting there for me and you? Water, cool water.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2t7ajfyUw 

written by: Bob Nolan, 1936

also recorded by: Roy Rogers, Johnny Cash, Joni Mitchell, Burl Ives, Bob Dylan

SFTW121Desert JE2.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be singing that all night now Jane. The horse and rider fit well in the scene.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

I first learned this song when I was six, then there was a gap until I listened again a decade or so ago and realized he and Dan never found the water. 😔

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines