Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 122 - Happy Trees

Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

During lockdown one of our TV channels has been running repeats of the late Bob Ross' "Joy of Painting" series. For those not familiar with them, Bob painted landscapes in oils and, in real time, went from a blank canvas to a completed painting in just 30 minutes. In doing so, and in his very calm and positive style, he encouraged many people around the world to have a go at painting. While watching these I wondered if I could create a 3D scene in a similar style to Bob's trees and mountains paintings. It took me a bit longer than 30 minutes using a combination of Blender 3D, World Creator, Adobe Substance and Xfrog, but for this week's starter image we have my tribute to Bob.

Now you have the scene, what can you do to bring it to life?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW122MountainsandLake.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leslie that deserves to be a starter image in its own right. 🙂

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 12.27.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who remembers George Davis, and who the heck was he anyway?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally predictable, but it absolutely had to be done 🙂

Bob Ross.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I wish I could grow hair like that. I like the Wacom pen instead of the brush Trevor. Very good 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cabin stolen from Bob Ross.

Week122.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you get a Gold Star for invoking Bob Ross, Rista! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a(nother) 金星 (Kinboshi) for your carefully lifting it to its new hidden, and undoubtedly much more beautiful and tranquil, final place (of rest) whence no one can steal it back, Rita.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fits perfectly - and bonus points for turning the scene back into a painting. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of the world.

To get closer to the top, Click/RightClick; to see it in Chrome, Click Here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, 
As metioned in my other post, maybe you could give a direct link for Chrome users.
In the above case, it would be here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Dean, I will do that in the future, and for the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and many others tend not to click on links. Why not just embed the image using the forum widegt?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I am trying to find out more about the issues at hand, and I will send a PM shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to W3Schools, 80% of users are on Chrome now. Some of the older threads have huge numbers of viewers (is it 1.5K?) who may not see your images.

https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She appears to be using a phone, she must have climbed up there to get a signal 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, of course, Dave, that explains everything. I never thought of a phone, just that she was keeping some undone hair off her face, wind from behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nessy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a while since we saw Nessie in these threads. Nice one Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dennis (ok?),

Tami and I we are really impressed with this animation in https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-120-play-your-cards-right/m-... 

and now again here.

Could you please send us something like a cookbook, so that we can reproduce such effective accents.

All the best and stay safe!

Tami and Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW122MountainsandLakePainted.jpg

Making it look more like it was painted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I detecting a right handed trait, Dean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting dizzy - A 3D scene made to look like a photo, based on a painting, then turned back into a painting ..... 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another genre

SFTW122MountainsandLakeCubism.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines