• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 124 - Snow kissed

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently?”, wrote Lewis Carroll.  So for this week we have the snow and the tree. What will you do with it?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 4368 x 2912 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW124SnowonLeaves.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW124SnowonLeavesAviles.jpg

Can the leaves bear the extra weight? (I used the CSI "enhance" filter to reveal the fine detail in the snow...) 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea Rafael, and very nicely done 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Bird photos by me)

s-SFTW124SnowonLeaves.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice Leslie 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble is that, even when I go back to the original image, I can't now unsee those eyes.  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Chrome link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After losing her home in the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree last month, this tiny Saw-whet owl has happily found new quarters, but kept her name.

SFTW124SnowonLeaves JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Jane.

It is good to see Rocky well and unfettered and above the drifts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tree is in our garden and we did have birds nesting in it. But they were blackbirds not owls.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week-124.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice and Christmassy Rita 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

noo yawk winter1.png

Noo Yawk Winta. Bah! Humbug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yuck... is it because of the pollution? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than three feet in Upstate on Wednesday — how much in the City, Norman?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the reports of all the snow in New York Norman. Has it affected you?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking down from the  23rd floor the snow looked like a manageable ten inches. The health nuts were out doing their thing, the snow blowers and plows showed us sidewalk cement and road blacktop with just one swipe. Family living just 30 miles north were clobbered. Locally, my daughter reported fierce winds. Out with her eight-pound dachshund for its morning walk, Otto became a kite. Best part: Trump wasn't the day's top story. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - every cloud........ 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the animation Trevor 🙂  The musical note is flipped left to right though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well spotted Dave.  The original has 50 frames with the bird and branch on a white background, so I grouped the layers and masked out most of the branch and set it to Multiply.  Part of the bird was being overlaid by the foliage (the robin's head below) so I had to position it above a white background to make the blend mode work.  

Question: How do you sharpen all the layers in a group?  It's complicated by only one layer being turned on at any point in the animation.  I guess I could turn them all on (Ctrl ,) and then use Make frames from layers to remake the animation, but I still couldn't think how to sharpen all layers automatically.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sharpening, I would convert the frame animation to a video timeline - pop the layers in a smart object and sharpen that. You can still export as a GIF through Save for web

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines