• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 126 - Summer at the Beach

Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the great Something for the Weekend tradition, magnificently organised by davescm, and encouraged by Trevor.Dennis, I am honoured to post something this time. Should still be weekend left for this to still hold true

I took this panoramic photo at Bondi Beach about an hour ago. Sorry if it is upsetting to anyone - seeing the great weather we're having and that people are able to go to the beach.

Hope you can make something interesting out of it.

The “rules”:

Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 8128 x 2064 pixels, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

20210117_183545.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it but I doubt your image will be picked up by the tourist board Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's a friendly shark. The surfers don't appear to be too worried. 

Maybe one of the surfers is Mick Fanning (Aussie surfer known for punching a shark) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Ozi dudes we are talking about Dean.  He'll be saying 'G'day mate. No worries.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trever - and 
"No wucka’s" (extra Aussie version of "No worries.") Sometimes "No wuckin forries." 🙂
"She'll be right."
"Bloody oath."
"You little ripper."
🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that was real then the shark in the photo is moving so fast that the surfer has not seen him yet... they jump fully out of the water

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good hat is needed on a hot day at the beach.

Thanks Dave for being the model.

DaveHat.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are the 3 beams of light about... is Dave thinking up new ideas for the weekend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll go with beams of ideas rather thn some other weird lighting effect 🙂
Correction - Looking again, my lighting wasn't quite right. 

Here it the lighting corrected and  little more subtle with those beams.

DaveHat2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's my thinking hat. I look like I'm working but my mind is at the beach 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone was wondering what this was:
BondiC.jpg
It was a crowd of people in a party-like situation. Closer view below:
bondiCrowd.jpg 
The above taken from: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHncYJrnQjY
Coronavirus: Police investigate Bondi beach party | 9 News Australia
Videos of a weekend beach party in Bondi have come to the attention of police, who are investigating if the event breached COVID restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes in other news, Australia day is cancelled this year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dean_Utian, I started an image, but some things came up this week and I had to set it aside. I had started to do something about the Wellermans from the Weller Brothers in Sydney bringing sugar and tea and rum to the whaling ships. 

https://www.historyextra.com/period/victorian/a-brief-history-of-sea-shanties/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines