Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 133 - Stepping stones

Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

These stepping stones cross the river Esk in Lealholm, North Yorkshire, England. We need to see a bit of action in the image, can you help?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 6720 x 4480 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW133SteppingStones.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote:

These stepping stones cross the river Esk in Lealholm, North Yorkshire, England.

Another weekend in North Yorkshire — so pretty! A question, though: I'm trying to read the river and I see different levels on either side of the stones and falls on the left. Is it an optical illusion, or have the stones created a very small dam?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed that Jane, but I think you are right. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This part keeps drawing my attention. It must be a fast-flowing river to form an eddy like that?

jane-e_0-1617459672997.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow I would so end up in the river

@jane-e the stone are the top of a wall so yes its a dam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too nowadays, and that could be dangerous as I'd likely be harpooned as the great white whale!  Hah! An idea already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“wow I would so end up in the river”

By @Ussnorway

Hope, then, that it's K's river so you can just wade across! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW133SteppingStonesAviles.jpg

They finally got it off the Suez canal, but they could not control where it went from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very topical Rafael 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW 133_Stepping Stone_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job K - can't keep kids away from water 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A most enchanting family outing, K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Queen bounded across in one step and awaits patiently on the other side while the King plods along, moving one stone at a time.

SFTW133SteppingStones JE1.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But only because the king is being more regal Jane ...  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping-Fish.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I like it Trevor

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stepping-Stones.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant - I wasn't expecting that !!  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  This one was a lot of fun to do, but did take a wee while.  So where is everyone this week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer to them, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.  I remember that Dave.  As for Jackob's Heeland dancers, I am not sure what the Sasanacks would make of folk from over Hadrian's Wall venturing down to Yorkshire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, at least the Yorkies just let the Heelanders pass both ways on their last great outing some years ago, down to Derby. But maybe they have become more defensive since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I also remember seeing it, when you referred to it earlier; and as soon as I saw the image I also remembered the comment Terri made to Rita.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm just adding a link to this thread for those who may have missed the sad news about Rita (Rista12) who was a regular, and inspirational, contributor to our SFTW weekend challenges.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-sad-news/m-p/11946608#M527972

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines