Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 134 - Cracked

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This pot has a nasty crack in it. Can you fix it or, better still, improve it?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 4000 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW134Cracked.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A crackpot, Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cracked.jpg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A gold filling Melissa - nice 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@melissapiccone , awesome photograps in the latest ACP newsletter.  I think you should share them here so other people can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

  

Planet of Batuu - Millenium Falcon and DJ R3X in Oga's Cantina. My iphone 11 Max is fantastic :). @Trevor.Dennis I'm glad you like them! Not sure if the "star" shows, but this was December 2020 and above the Black Spires - the big blue peaks, we could see Jupitor and Saturn - the Christmas Star. 

milleniumfalcon.jpg

DJR3X.jpg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd so love to be able to see that for real, but who'd have thought that the Millennium Falcon — the ship that did the Kessel Run in slightly over 12 parsecs — used those old 8 Track Players? I've never really understood that 12 parsecs claim as I thought a parsec was a unit of distance and not time.  I'm thinking Mr Solo must have worked out a route that was shorter than that used by other smugglers, and obviously more dangerous.  If you happen to know how it works, and especially if you have done the Kessel Run yourself, I'd be very interested.

image.png

@D Fosse When I copy and paste Melissa's image into Photoshop, I am completely unable to maintain colour saturation, and it allready appears to be in sRGB.  What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

When I copy and paste ...

Is it the same when you Right-click > Save > then Open, @Trevor.Dennis ?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e  It loses saturation like below.  I've tried different profiles and soft proofing options, but it never gets its colour back.  It works fine if I grab it from the forum with Greenshot and paste into Photoshop.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW134Cracked.png

I was in the nightborhood and ...well...you know how it is.

(Dave. If this violates the rules, please delete.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, absolutely brilliant Norman  !!   🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love your wet look effect Norman.  Is that simply a copy of the BG layer set to multiply?  I'm using a wet look in my project so properly interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, @Trevor.Dennis . Multiply was my first try. I fidddled with a few other things but returned to Multiply before posting the image. I also tried a few captions and although I left one in, now think I should not have added anything at all. Thanks for the thumbs-up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

侘寂 (Wabi-sabi)

朱色 (Cinnabar)

Click or RightClick and Click again to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look up the principles involved, but you seem to have cracked it Jacob!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see a hark back to #37 'Who is in the Attic' with this one with Bill & Ben the Flowerpot Men'.  Goodness, that was nearly three years ago!  I'm out most of today, but will be having a go later.  Hah!  Just had an idea 🙂

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Can you fix it”

Fixed it!

SFTW134Cracked JE1.jpg

I love the texture in the floor and peeling walls, Dave.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah the joys of gaffer tape 🙂

The textures are all courtesy of Adobe Substance Painter and Substance Source, except for the plant which is Xfrog

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no good.  I HAVE top have a wee rant.  I was not able to use the pen tool with 22.3.1 but disabling Use Open CL fixed that.  Getting into a more involved project has shown that not to be the case.  The first time I use the pen tool all is OK.  That seems to be when the paths panel has a path titled Workpath.  I can also edit that path as much as I like with no problems.  But if I drag that path down to the new path icon so I can work on a new path, I'm buggered.  I can lay down individual points that are not connected, and I don't mean there is no rubber band.  I mean that those points are not connected. 

I was able to set drawing mode to advanced, but that has now gone back to Basic.  I have also worked out that I 'can' create multiple paths UNLESS I DRAG THE WORKPATH TO THE NEW PATH ICON.  If I do that it breaks the pen tool until I restart Photoshop, and I have restarted Photoshop about six times in order to progress my project.

I can use the Shape tool with it set to Path to create new paths.  

Trying different GPU options is frustrating because so many things are affected like Alt right click brush size and hardness adjustment, and you have to restart Photoshop everyy time you try a different GPU setting.

Well so much for my smug 'my system has been mostly working OK' through the last couple of updates.  I mean the pen tool for goodness sake.  You can hardly even start to do serious work (and it does not get more serious than SFTW!) without the pen tool.

OK, I'll go back to banging my head against the wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in v22.3 anf v22.3.1 with paths but also an easy work around. Maintain a workpath, even with just one point. Now you can edit your saved paths as normal.

The drawing mode issue, introduced in v22.3 was fixed for me by updating to v22.3.1.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know why they have to do such frequent updates. One every two years or so would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslie Moak Murray wrote:

Does anybody know why they...

No, but I have been wondering lately why we aren't seeing more of your fun drawings on the SFTW, Leslie. I miss them (and you!)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the cracks don't look so bad compared to other aged items.

SFTW135_Plantpots.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines