• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 27 - Lord (or Lady) of the Ring

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, Trevor set us a great challenge with quite difficult perspective. So for this week I've gone for a simple object - a ring. How will you use it in a scene? Will you create a new Lord of the Rings style scene, will someone wear it, or will you use it as something else entirely?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW27Ring.jpg

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well we have the weather for it

SFTW27Ring1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I opened your post whilst slowly cooking in the garden, so very topical Ged

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's well for you, I'm in work looking out at the sunshine, at least there's a beer in the fridge at home with my name on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great choice.  My backyard is presently 110 F or 43.33 C in the shade! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Nancy.  That is _seriously_ HOT!   I have a feeling that you live in Texas?

This was more of an exercise in masking and freehand perspective as anything else, but it was fun to do, and I had to think about it in a couple of places.  Sit vis nobiscum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great start for #27, Ged and Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Floating in Venice beach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Blimey Nancy.  That is _seriously_ HOT!   I have a feeling that you live in Texas?

Not Texas. 

Southern California heat wave: Scorching temps trigger red flag, excessive heat warnings | abc7.com

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I don't know about LA, but I thought San Diego had a reasonably stable climate, which Google confirms

So LA's current conditions are extraordinary.  Are records being broken?  How are you guys for water now?  I believe you have had some relief from the long lasting drought, that saw Lake Mead reduced to a puddle a couple of years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW27RingJE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice chain Trevor and I see you changed the inscription !

Welcome Chana - nothing nicer than floating on a sunny afternoon !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not part of the challenge but I just had to love the new flame rendor tool for Photoshop

SFTW27Ring2.jpg

p.s, I hope this isn't the one to find them all because I lost it!... I remember thinking to put it somewhere safe?

where_is_it.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

p.s, I hope this isn't the one to find them all because I lost it!... I remember thinking to put it somewhere safe?

Someone asked me today if I'd transferred a DVD he gave months ago, to MP4?  Talk about panic.  I barely remember him giving it to me, yet alone where to find it.  I am now hoping against hope that it has not been 'tided' away to the waist bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some great entries overnight.

Jane I love the candle holder.

USS Norway - good job on the flames , but the hallmarks have gone. I cry "fake" !!  Or am I not allowed to when the original is just a 3D model? 

Excellent Trevor - the film is recreated for our forum !

Keep them coming - I'm going to have to think hard for a good one this week

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USS Norway - I just looked closely at your second image and found the ring. Very good mate !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good eye, Dave, I also had to go back and look—very clever, Graham!

And Trevor, yours made me burst out laughing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

And Trevor, yours made me burst out laughing!

Dave 'had' to be expecting that one.  I've had a lot of mileage out of my 'Dave Head'.

I could do with some more source material to add to my Heads folder.

[EDIT] Jane I think I must have missed your Ring of Fire information post, as we sort of cross-posted.  Very impressive.  Is your middle name Alexa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well spotted indeed Dave, never noticed that until you mentioned it, I was wondering why that image was included LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Man in Black...….

SFTW27ManInBlack.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so thats the ring of fire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

So that's the ring of fire

Are we going to be talking about hot curries again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little known fact:

Ring of Fire was written by June Carter Cash and Merle Kilgore. June was the daughter of Mother Maybelle Carter and was part of the Carter Family. She wrote it about her relationship with Johnny, who also sang her song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HnplCRQVLDM

Well known fact:

Great picture, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We learn new things every week on SFTW and not just how to alter images

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unum anulum minus ut praeesset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines