• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 50 - In the summer time!

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As we approach winter, here in the UK, it is nice to look back (or forward) too those nice warm summer days. This bridge is in the market town of Stokesley in North Yorkshire, England on a nice warm summer's day.

So for this week's challenge can you either show us what secrets this sleepy scene is hiding, or for those that prefer another season, change the time of year.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW50Bridge.jpg

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice reflection Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the theme of watercraft, here is another idea for the week. Is he lost or starting a new tourist attraction for the area?

SFTW50BridgeG.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weather for ducks.....

SFTW50Rain.jpg

(It may need a double click to see the rain)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Is that an effect on the original, or another photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, it's all on the original photo. No other photos used.

The colour and brightness changes are several curves and Hue/Sat layers with masks to affect different parts.

The shadow under the bridge was toned down with a bit of cloning from other parts of the image.

The rain is a grey layer with the noise filter then motion blur applied. This was copied twice and each copy blurred. One copy set to screen the other to overlay and then the masks painted for different areas

The water ripples are drawn with shapes - and copied

The reflections on the road are a merged copy of the houses flipped vertically and masked

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, if only you'd had a horse towing the barge.   

Dean, how about a speech bubble? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, the lurcher might have done it, but for the tastiness of the ducks, especially the one closest to the bank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, Alfred is always eager and helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry, there's now't wrong with using a lurcher to tow the canal boat.  They are one of the biggest dogs in the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor - Do you mean something like this.

SFTW50BridgeG2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is cunning, Dean: it will keep him going forver, or until it melts (away).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

Now that is cunning, Dean: it will keep him going forever, or until it melts (away).

Ahhhh...  Like a donkey following a carrot?    (except carrots don't melt)   Cruel but effective.

Image result for donkey carrot

Jerry, nice GIF.  I was thinking this week was lacking a frame animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something for dinner

SFTW50Fish_003.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Daniel - If that alien is moving in round these parts, I'm away !

Jacob - I hope that dog doesn't see a cat or we'll see waterskiing.
Dean - Love the Cornetto . It reminds me of hanging a carrot in front of a donkey!

Jerry - First this week with a gif. Nice one

Keep them coming

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alien-at-the-bridge..jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that my post #25 should have had a note: Different duck disturbances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have time to work on this one... but maybe because I live in Germany and Grimm's fairey tales are popular here.... I suddenly want to picture a troll living under the bridge.  Maybe with some goats crossing it.

If anyone wants to take this idea an run with it, then go ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KShinabery212  wrote

I don't have time to work on this one... but maybe because I live in Germany and Grimm's fairey tales are popular here.... I suddenly want to picture a troll living under the bridge.  Maybe with some goats crossing it.

If anyone wants to take this idea an run with it, then go ahead!

already done mate... of course there are trolls and there are trolls!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KShinabery212  wrote

I suddenly want to picture a troll living under the bridge.  Maybe with some goats crossing it.

I thought about that one, too! “Who’s that trip-trapping on my bridge?”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW50Bridge_Jet ski.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice job kphotopage.

Thanks to all who took part this week. The new challenge will be posted shortly.

Dave

Edit : New challenge here Something for the weekend - Part 51 - Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines