• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 6 - Don't blow a fuse!

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Great responses to last weekend's challenge. I had an image lined up for this week but decided to keep that for a future week and try something different this weekend.

The two characters below were created in Adobe Fuse, saved to the library then rendered against a transparent background in Photoshop and saved as a PNG with transparency. So no need for complex masking (I must be getting soft ). If you have not used Fuse I'd recommend you give it a try - it's a lot of fun.

So the challenge this week is to take one, or both of the characters below, put them in a scene that tells us a bit of a story.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc (so keep it clean ).

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW6Characters.png

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Dave !! I wasn't getting the mood I wanted and I think it was because of the color distraction. Removing color gave me what I desired. It needed feeling as opposed to simply a colorful photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice Jodi, wasn't that owl in Harry Potter? The more I see the image of that guy, the more it reminds me of Lt Commander Data in Star Trek. I wonder if Dave gave him such big hands for any particular reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks do much Terri ! I have no idea about the owl. I found it in Google images. But yes i see what you mean. Thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

Very nice Jodi, wasn't that owl in Harry Potter?

Some people might call it a Snowy Owl!
Snowy Owl | Audubon Field Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave

Just back from the holidays and looking forward to participating in these "something for the weekends"

Some great entries since the start and what a great idea for the forum

36 hours with no sleep travelling home and back to freezing Irish weather I would love to do another 36 hours with no sleep back to Asian weather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt#3

" Oh Look at the all the angels baby ! I want to touch them !! " .... Roger is more worried about Sally falling off the edge and meeting them for real !!

weekendchallenge6c.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi

I'm not sure whether he is trying to save her or push her. Looks a bit sinister to me.

Ged

Welcome back - hope you had a great trip. After 36 hours of no sleep when you wake up we'll be starting next weekend's challenge !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Dave. He is very concerned. He is getting Ready to reach over and pull her away from the edge. He loves her to no end. Can’t you see that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some good fun with last weekends images.

Any volunteers to put up an image a set a challenge this weekend? Don't put anything up yet - just let us know. If not I'll set another off on Friday.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Some good fun with last weekends images.

Any volunteers to put up an image a set a challenge this weekend? Don't put anything up yet - just let us know. If not I'll set another off on Friday.

Dave

Dave, I do have access to all my drives now, albeit by connecting them one at a time and restarting, but Photoshop is still too problematic to trust to any extent, and I have had to withdraw from the challenges to protect my sanity.  I'm enjoying watching all the ideas and edits — some great stuff and I am itching to have a go but knowing for certain fact that Photoshop will crash if I click on Smart Radius in S&M, is too frustrating to put up with.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor

Ddoes the old Refine Mask work any better for you whilst your system is limited?  (Hold Shift then click on Select and Mask in the Select menu)

Or the older way - just press Q and get the brush out - no system stress at all

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt#4

She wanted Challenge Week 6 ink.

Yes its been one of those weeks so I escaped back to the drawing board for a while. Always helps.

weekendchallenge6d.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's a new take on it - I like it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave ! The thought came to me so that's how she went.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines