Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 82 - Roll out the barrel

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I took this weekend's starter image a few years ago at Fort George on the Moray Firth in Scotland. The fort was built following the Jacobite rising of 1745 and this room was the gunpowder magazine. To prevent sparks no iron fittings were used in its construction - even the floor is held by wooden dowels.

But enough of the history, what will you make from a room full of barrels?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW82Barrels.jpg

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kaboom.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sftwe82.jpg

the dress is made by wetcircuit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be a bit late posting this week, as I have got a bit of trouble with my mouse mat   I've made some unsubtle persuasion that he might prefer to be elsewhere, but he is not moving.  It has taken me more than ten minutes to post this, as he keeps nudging things and messing it up.  Right.  In the end it wasn't happening, and I have had to move the mouse to another desk and stretch just so I can complete this and post it.  BTW He had a haircut last week and is in his 'foxy' stage.  He is called Ruby, which is short for Reuben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which brand of mouse mat, Trevor?

I have had two indispensable helpers. Sheba (spotted tabby, we lost her 13 years ago) was a diligent proofreader contributing many intriguing corrections, and occasionally up to several pages of comments and additions. Sarah (symmetric calico, we lost her 10 years ago) was a most affectionate supervisor, with an extraordinary skill in adding Anchor Points (Pen Tool), or selecting, through precise thrusts with her lovely pink nose upon my forefinger. I have sometimes wondered how many of her contributions may have been triggered by her feeling unbearably uncaressed (and the mouse getting all the attention).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had me worried, Dave, but then it was suddenly there.

And when nothing happened again I was afraid I had blown it, but then Nancy did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a bit late posting the challenge this week.

Jacob - a good start - all that effort to prevent sparks and....

Nancy - your image follows perfectly from Jacob's. Kaboom indeed!

Graham - the big question is, Is she running forwards and moving backwards with the barrel, or is she running backwards and moving forward?

Trevor - he must be waiting for the mouse to appear from SFTW79

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, Graham,

the big question is, Is she running forwards and moving backwards with the barrel, or is she running backwards and moving forward?

Indeed. Intriguingly, her posture seems to indicate neither so maybe we are witnessing the inevitable transition, given the limits to the roominess of the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What could go wrong?

SFTW82Barrels.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week082_II.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week082.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, Rats. Careful! SFTW82Barrels.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my mind she is jumping off the barrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

The fort was built following the Jacobite rising of 1745 and this room was the gunpowder magazine.

A couple of centuries later, there was no longer a need for gunpowder and the barrels were repurposed.

SFTW82Barrels 1200 je.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hothwampa - what could go wrong indeed ....

Rista - I'm not sure what's in that cigarrete but it appears to be affecting my vision

Joan - I like the cat looking out from under the barrel rack.

Trevor - I like it - although we all better view it quickly before it all melts!

Jacob - Decisions , decisions - whisky or gunpowder !

Jane - I like your thinking. I actually used this image in the background of a 3D animation a couple of years ago:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Decisions , decisions - whisky or gunpowder !

And how to know, which to the left and which to the right, until you start drilling holes, one barrel tap ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overkill?

SFTW82BarrelsAviles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we know what a drill thrill is, Rafael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are drilling for wine, I hope they don’t hit gunpowder instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Rafael.

We live in hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Rafael - with an auger like that we'll soon know what is in the barrels.

Dean - You've given us the answer - honey !

Rista - It seems it may not have been honey

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines