• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 89 - Lockdown!

Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Our forum regulars will know that we used to run a weekly challenge in the old Photoshop forums. We had to take a break, due to some issues with the way this new forum was handling the images, but I am very pleased to say that those issues have been resolved and Something for the Weekend returns.

So, for this weekend,  I bring you a jail scene that I modelled in Blender 3D and textured using Adobe Substance. The scene is set, what will you make with it? Who, or what, will you put behind bars?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC color profile (sRGB), hover over the image with your mouse and click on the circle with the arrows that appears at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

SFTW89Jail.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post and attach your image using the Image button at the top of the posting box that appears. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was Wanted?

FAT CHEESE

LUMP

By how many mice?

Closer look wanted?

RightClick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or has that mouse been skewered ? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is you, Dave, forgetting someone from 79 who has grown more than a wee bit.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-79-the-mousetrap/m-p/1050494...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW Jail Bizarre Version.jpg

We can't let this thread slip too far from the front page already, so I have done a Ged version of my image.  Come on guys.  Lets see some pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for Ged to come and say "That's not bizarre , this is bizarre ...!!"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I see someone else had the same idea...great minds think alike!)

The sheriff is keeping an eye on you...The sheriff is keeping an eye on you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Rafael, I like the sherif on guard.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave. I am in awe of your render, a masterful piece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the jail is in disuse due to the spread of the virus among prisoners, it is being repurposed as a storage room.

~ Jane

SFTW89 Jane2 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to keep those toilet rolls locked behind bars Jane. Bunch of thieves in there you know ..:-)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha, Dave! The thieves have been released early and are now roaming the streets. This is a truly beautiful scene — the intricate detail and the realistic light are incredible! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Promise I did not see your pic before I posted mine 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jail-89.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nicely done Derek.  I was going to say he looks like he really belongs in there, but I realised that could be taken the wrong way.  So I'll say that is a very realistic composite, although that version of Dave does look like he has an extra y chromosome or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew they'd catch me eventually. Crimes against imaging !   Nicely done Derek !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for Work Release

Waiting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very nice and it sure feels like it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clever John.  Would we be calling that satire?  Like Derek's rum looking convict — who I wouldn't want to meet on a dark night at chucking-out time in the wrong end of Sunderland — it also looks very convincing.  I'm starting to wonder if Dave's very soft lighting is helping us out?

Jacinda has just committed us to a further week of our 'Level 4' lockdown followed by two weeks of Level 3 (whatever that means).  As boring as the lock down is, I don't really mind.  A couple of days ago I heard that a close friend had died of the virus in the UK, and had gone from visiting the ED with breathing difficulties, to dead in about three days.  I coughed this afternoon and felt a moment of real fear!  So poignant as your ironic image might be, I wish more leaders were as committed as our Jacinda.  America has >46,000 deaths for goodness sake, and I believe they are not counting people who were already ill and on palliative care, or in fact no one unless they were tested and found positive.  Of our nine deaths, about half were already elderly and seriously ill.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I felt something like that was on the way, but I was surprised to see the sheriff chair empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever!. I wonder how long the world is sentenced to. Can we get out early for good behaviour?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Glad to see this back.

Here is my version. Hope it's not too early for this type of reference.

SFTW89Jail1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines