• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 91 - Can't see the wood for the trees !

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the last couple of weekends, we have had a jail scene and a shopping scene. But with lockdown around the world, I thought that for this week we should escape to the countryside.

So, I have made a cabin in the woods. It is all CGI and created and rendered in Blender 3D, with Adobe Substance used for texturing.

Now the scene is set, what will you do with it? What story will you tell with your edited image?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

SFTW91Woods.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are hilarious!! Yes of course, the fox will protect the bluejay *wink wink*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Fox isn't worried about him at all! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the flying bird is almost eye level, thats a good photo for a still camera... well done mate 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so much!  Stalking birds is what I enjoy doing and why I have that big lens. That's a male Northern Harrier nicknamed the "Grey Ghost". It's one of the most beautiful raptors I've photographed.  Here's a link to another pic of the same bird on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157909079211544&set=g.388635268005122&type=1&theater&ifg=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a metaphor for the times? Who knows ;). Except for the texturing of the moon (from NASA and ok to use) and the cabin, all components (either photographs or manufactured) are my own.

Sanctuary.jpg

Glenn

(Note:  Edited from the original - 17:46 GMT, 05/May/20 - added shadow of the dome, better horizon and some rim lighting of the dome from the weak, distant sun)

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not such a far-fetched notion these days. Very creative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice biodome Glenn 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

am so sorry about this, but in the idyll of clearings and leaf canopies now a park for sports and leisure is situated! ;-(((

SFTW91WoodsFreizeitpark.jpg

Which happens really fast, this was something witnessed at first hand by myself.

Viele Grüße und bleibt gesund.

Die ersten Corona-Einschränkungen werden bei uns in Bayern morgen gelockert!!!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High rise cabins. The health and safety folk will have something to say about those balconies without fences 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

there exists a similar significant growth at Asterix and Obelix in "The mansion of the gods". The both have inspired me first of all. Instead of trees here the small cottage started to grow and after this I could drew the bow into the present.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans, that is kind of disturbing.  Shades of Join Mitchel from before they invented orthodontics.  We had a friend who lived in one of those zillion story high rise blocks in Shanghai, and she told us that 7 of her family members lived in an apartment measuring six by five metres. Heck, most people have garages bigger than that!  When Joni released Yellow Taxi there were less than four billion people living in the world, and scientists told us that we had hit the limit that the Earth could sustain.  The world's population is twice that now.

I'm sure I have used that exact image of the train in a SFTW thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

without becoming over-politicized: even as students we've been of the opinion that the population growth cannot go on like this. Oh Holy Fathers!

What concerns the image of my train: I found it at "Sauerländer Kleinbahn >>> http://www.sauerlaender-kleinbahn.de/"

My own life as an "Eisenbahner" please see  >>> hansgd.de  >>> "Ein bisschen Eisenbahnerleben ab 1966"

Viele Grüße und bleibt gesund.

Hans-Günter, who can enjoy restored freedoms from today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a very nice train

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all that took part this week. The ne challenge will be posted very shortly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines