• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 93 - What goes around.....

Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some fantastic entries in last week's subway challenge. This week we have something completely different.

Those who have been taking part in the challenges for a while will know that sometimes we start with a scene and sometimes with an object. This week it is the latter and we have a wheel and tyre, or actually three views of a wheel and tyre just to give you some choice in the angles.

What will you do with this object? Will you put the wheel(s) on a suitable vehicle or will you use it to make something else entirely?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

SFTW93Wheels.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do, Dave, but the one in the middle may have a certain irony touch, as I believe you remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly that pattern was on top of an old railway line.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, Dave, the one in Teesside (69, hence the maltreatment of the boat song), on the head of the rail (to the right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elton.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it took me a min to spot what was odd about his outfit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's hilarious! I love it!

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't meant to be, but it has turned out to be disturbing.  Something to do with the tongue and the little poker dot eyes — which were also accidental.  It's made him look like a hideous monster. 

This is what the source image looked like: Still a bit unsettling, but the little dots for eyes take it up a level.  I wonder how much the syrup (and fig) cost him?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Trevor - love it!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ocurred to me that I missed an obvious trick with Elton.  It was literally five minutes to make the diamonds flash, but another ten minutes to animate the tongue.  I imagine it would be much easier with Animate but I have never used it.

Elton.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's perfect, Trevor, and I love it! 💙

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stimmt, klasse Technik, aber Du machst mir mein Idol kaputt! ;-)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've eaten the apples, unwound the bowl, and put the chain back on the bicycle.

Jane

jane-e_0-1589992003907.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job with the chain Jane. Did you mask it or create a new chain?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave! I drew the shapes in Illustrator, created a pattern brush, drew paths with the Pen tool, applied the brush, then brought it back to Photoshop and masked out the ends. The writing was done in Photoshop.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1589993571990.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Illustrator brush lesson. Yet another benefit of Something for the Weekend 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Jane, BONUS! You just helped me out a whole lot with this (I'm in the process of learning Illustrator - so far I have found the "on" button 😜!). Thanks a bunch for this.

HEY, can I have your phone nu... uhh ok, never mind (I heard that... 😒) <LOL>. Seriously though, appreciate you showing this. 

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little older than Jane-e's:

OldTimey.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he looks bad to the bone 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The baddest penny-farthing in the world 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines