• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 99 - Boxing Clever!

Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It always amazes me how imaginative kids can be when playing with a simple cardboard box. That got me thinking about how creative people here could get with such a box. So for this week, I've made you the box (using Blender 3D and Adobe Substance). What can you now do with it?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2200 pixels with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW99Box.jpg

Have fun !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It always amazes me how imaginative kids can be when playing with a simple cardboard box."

Kittens also like to play in boxes!

99Box JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catasaurus Rex !
Thanks for starting us off Jane 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

box.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it Leslie. A great expression and the ribbon extending out of the frame is a nice touch.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like doesn't express it -- I love it, poneytail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's telling me I need to click to view all of a sudden, so if you are not seeing a picture, you know what to do.

DaveintheboxA.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - Do I know him.

I don't know why the forum isn't showing your GIF without clicking. I tried to edit it and use the image insert button but it did the same thing 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I tried adding a second image to another thread just now, and failed completely.  I went back in to edit it and tried again uploading from a local drive, which appeared to work but the image did not show after saving the edit.  The reason I got fed up with the forum and stopped posting was because the new forum software is was a PITA with images, but I thought they'd fixed it.  It's so frustrating, and significantly compromises our ability to reply to questions as screenshots are so obviously helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand it - I've not had any trouble adding photos since the forum image issues were fixed. So I tried again  adding your image using the "add image button". It just gave a link.

Then I opened your gif in Photoshop and re-exported it from Save for Web it and tried again - this time it did work - so I've edited your previous post with that re-exported version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

I quite understand your despairing. Mine was deep, until they restored the [HTML]; and thence pure joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a box pusher in the past that gave the idea for this one.

SFTW99Boxpusher.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another one from me.

Some people find it very difficult to think ouside the box.

SFTW99BoxDT.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick.  Push him down and and shut the lid!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boxing?  OK, better start training right away.

Week099.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it, particularly the way he has his foot on the umbrella sign

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

You this made me smile, laugh and cry. 

Do you remember the one Saturday Night Live (SNL) song where Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg sang that one song... I do not want to type the name, but if you know what I am talking about you will probably die laughing too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is mine very quickly done....  I had to rebuild the inside of the windows.... but it worked out well.

And just for fun I threw one Adobe filtered rendered tree. 

SO WHO IS READY TO MOVE IN????

originalhome.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some parts of London that would fetch close to £1,000,000 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rendor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it set the cardboard on fire on take off ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired by my friend’s cat. Her favorite toy is a simple box.

Dave, Hi. Thank you again for providing SFTW. It’s a fun way to renew my interest in PS.

The hardest part was moving your top flap and all the fine details you put in.

Edit: second glaze after posting, hmmm . .  maybe needs a slight cast shadow on that flap. ???

K

SFTW99_Box_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job with moving the lid. I think there would indeed be a shadow from the left flap.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines