• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Sad news.

Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This weekend, I was saddened to learn that Rita (Rista12 on this forum) passed on in February. Rita was a regular contributor to our "Something for the weekend" challenge threads and, at 94 years, showed us that creativity has no age limits.

I've added links to some of Rita's posts below but I'm sure those that followed her contributions will have their own favourites to remember.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-115-city-lights/m-p/11519710...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-10-7-a-day/m-p/9729962#M1558...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-6-don-t-blow-a-fuse/m-p/9719...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-91-can-t-see-the-wood-for-th...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-126-summer-at-the-beach/m-p/...

Rest in peace Rita.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear, very sorry to hear that Dave, Rita's posts on Something for the Weekend were inspirational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to hear this news about Rita (@Rista12)  Dave, and thank you for letting us know. I've enjoyed her creative art and gentle comments over the past few years of the Photoshop Challenges, and had been in touch with her by PM a few times. I've just spent some time looking at her past work in remembrance of her. She was an inspiration and I'll miss her.

For those new to the forums who come across this, click on Rista's name to see links to all her posts.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for sharing, Dave.

I have only known Rita through Something for the Weekend, where each and every post of hers will always remain pure pleasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad news indeed. May she rest in peace. My condolences to her family and friends.

Thank you for letting us know, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know more about Rita.  Where she lived, and what her interests were?  When we pass we live on in the memories of the people who knew us, and while we loved having Rita in our wee family of SFTW contributors (from her profile her posts to the SFTW threads were the only forum post she made) we knew so little about her.

We knew she was a digital surgeon and talented illustrator

image.png 

We knew that at 94 she still had romance in her heart

image.png

And we knew she had a sense of humour (even if we didn't know the context (her age being 94))

image.png

RIP Rita. Gone but not forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete Green can we pin this for a while please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis , we can tag people now so it shows up in notifications if you start with the "@" symbol.

If they are in the thread, you'll see a list immediately; otherwise you have to start typing the name. Pete showed up as soon as I got to the period:

@Pete.Green 

70629830-647F-45DD-BED6-BF0056DA9383.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jane-e .  I did not know that.  So does linking to their profile page not work anymore? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Thanks @jane-e .  I did not know that.  So does linking to their profile page not work anymore? 

No, it only links to their profile and they don't get notified. Tagging was one of the missing features when we moved to Khoros, but it's back! Quoting is back, too!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines