• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something wrong with AdobeRGB

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save or export my work using Adobe RGB, there's a huge color change in the photo.  I don't have that problem when I use ProPhoto RGB.

Is there a problem with the way PS handle Adobe RGB?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the video you will understand the difference....regards

https://youtu.be/ujE5bBXIKJE

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post meaningful screenshots of the images open in Photoshop. 
What are the Edit > Color Settings? 
When you »save or export« do you embed the profile? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You write "When I save or export my work using Adobe RGB, there's a huge color change in the photo"

How does your image change? 

There's nothing wrong with the way Photoshop uses Adobe RGB.

Are you viewing the Adobe RGB version of your image in Photoshop after saving the file

[you must not view image files in a program without colourmanagement - such as Windows Photos]

- does the saved file have an embedded profile? 

you write "export" 

I wonder why you are using "export" - I prefer "save as":

If you have a ProPhoto* image and need an Adobe RGB version - do this

first make a copy sop you can archive the original

next go to Edit/convert to profile and use this dialog to convert your copy to Adobe RGB

next save the file WITH THE PROFILE EMBEDDED

now open the file in Photoshop, how does it look? 

(*Pro Photo is a massive colourspace, including a lot of colour range that cannot be fitted to Adobe RGB, the majority of which is un-viewable on a monitor anyway, but that’s another subject - the dangers of ProPhoto)

Is your system calibrated?

:: CALIBRATION & PROFILING OF YOUR SYSTEM::
IF you are doing any serious imaging work and would like to see continuity of appearance between your system and others, such as a print service - or even your own printer - then your main working display really does need to be calibrated & profiled.
For that you'll need a sensor such as the X-Rite i1display pro (better than Spyder).
Also you'll need good software.
In this case, I highly recommend basICColor display v6 calibration & profiling software 
more here https://www.colourmanagement.net/products/basiccolor/basiccolor-display-software/

With any calibration you need to be sure that the achieved result is accurate, my belief is that the only way to achieve that is by using an unequivocal reference, a physical reference item. For this I use http://www.colourmanagement.net/products/icc-profile-verification-kit

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do everything you say.  I never had this problem before. Wheter the file is saved using "save as" or "export" the result is the same: the colors are wrong.  The Adobe RGB profil is used in the file I edit and in the export.  It looks like PS is using another color profil when I save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again: 

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post meaningful screenshots of the images open in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You write "colours are wrong" we ideally need more of a description than that. 

You didn't answer my question about whether you are using Photoshop to view the saved or exported file? 

If you have a ProPhoto* image and need an Adobe RGB version - do this

first make a copy sop you can archive the original

next go to Edit/convert to profile and use this dialog to convert your copy to Adobe RGB

next save the file WITH THE PROFILE EMBEDDED

now open the file in Photoshop, how does it look? 

And you've definitely embedded the Adobe RGB 1998 profile? 

Please post the screenshots (place tem inline with the text) to show the settings as described by other helpers here . 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this change inside Photoshop after saving, or is it only in the exported image?

Please state the name of the application you are using to view the exported image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And in case asking twice is not enough … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines