Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space bar stops working as Pan tool in all apps

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

Hope you can help me out because this issue is driving me nuts. 

Whenever I'm working on PS (happens mainly here, as I am a digital artist) the space bar suddenly stops working as a shortcut for the hand/pan tool. 

The issue persists in other apps like Illustrator and ID even if I hadnt opened them before at all. 

Nothing I do works. I relaunched the apps, cleaned preferences, closed every other app running on my Mac Pro, even tried completely uninstallying PS and reinstalling it from scratch, and the issue would still be there when I launched the freshly installed app.

The only thing that works is fully rebooting my computer. And i could live with this if it happened once in a while, but theres no single drawing session where i don't have this issue.

Ive read in forums that other apps (such as chrome) might be messing with the shortcuts, but even after reinstalling chrome with no addons, it still happes, even if I shut chrome down.

So, id appreciate any support as this is slowly and steadily driving me into insanity :B

I am working on a Mac Pro 16" 2019. On MacOs Catalina and Adobe Suite.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any MS Office applications running?

I've had intermittent issues with shortcuts incl the hand tool when I have an office product open first then Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, 

I usually dont have MS Office apps running, dont really use them a lot for my job.

I tried restarting and using only PS, without opening any other app and it still happened. I did notice, however, that it usually happens after the computer comes back from sleep mode, regardless of what apps where running (or any running at all other than PS). So if pause working to get a coffee or something, when I come back and wake the Mac its likely that the hand tool stoped working and im forced to restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines